1000 Peso Coin

Oh yeah, the $50 Billion bailout to shore up the Mexican banks! That worked out well!🙄

Cool looking coin though!👍 Looked like a tannened half from a distance! And a bunch more digging! What numbers did that ring up on the D2??

Way fewer nickels this time; running a different program, other than "silver slayer"?

Was that aluminum bench hard to dig up? At least you found something to "support" your finds!🥁😂👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It really is a neat looking coin.  Yep the 50 billion 🤣

Thats exactly what I thought when I dug it.  It rang up 92.

I was running a coin program I picked up on YouTube.  Did my best not to dig the Zincolns though.

Took me awhile to dig that bench out — it maxed the numbers out 😝 

The dimes beat the nickels out today.

Get your choirs done Treasure awaits!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, PI-Man said:

Get your choirs done Treasure awaits!

Treasure waits for no man; or woman! Especially one with a honey-do list as long as mine!😂👍👍

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PI-Man said:

Thats exactly what I thought when I dug it.  It rang up 92.

8 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Was that aluminum bench hard to dig up?

Was that the bench or the coin?

Great hunt, good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PI-Man said:

Did dig a 1990 1000 peso coin.  Shame they demonetized/devalued the coin years ago.  It might have been worth close to 53 bucks today.

Seems odd to have a brass(?) coin worth ~$50 face value, but then again, we have common pieces of paper valued at more than that....

Here's a good website for getting the up-to-date silver content value for Mexican coins.  I'm showing the history of the 1 peso coin's silver content (first column is ozt; second column is today's bullion price equivalent value) but there are many other denominations on that webpage.  Anyone here ever find post-independence Mexican silver coins?

309464222_Screenshotat2023-01-15145746.png.4ea8009d61df2f8c16fa2550a6eb0677.png

For comparison sake, our USA 90% silver dimes had 0.0723 ozt of silver (so ~40% more than Mexico's last silver peso) and our 35% silver WWII 'wartime' 5 cent 'nickel' coins had 0.0563 ozt of silver (~10% more than the last Mexican silver peso).  All of those weights are for freshly minted coins.

• Like 1

Here are the finds from today.  Found some junk jewelry.  Hooray 😁 a ring — cheap like the other jewelry but a ring none the less.  It rang up as 89.  It’s probably one of those Claire’s sterling plate along with chain.  

I need to break out a bunch of rings and check them under coil tomorrow.    A lot different numbers on the D2 compared to my V3i.  Need to get the ring numbers stored in my noggin so I do not miss anything while learning machine.  My wedding band rings up at 81.  

GB — that is great website I appreciate the link.  Crazy they would even make a coin of that value back then that was just made of aluminum/bronze. Wish it was gold.  I have not found any post independence coins but I will be on the look out for them now that you armed me.   I like silver too.  Going to check with my friend in Az to see if he has come across any.

D6765AB2-ED54-4435-AC38-CEC80E8D708B.jpeg

• Like 6