Trying Out The Relic Reaper Program On The D2

CPT_GhostLight

@F350Platinumย has been showing how well his Relic Reaper program works on his permission fields, so I thought I'd take it for a spin. Even though I know my ground is much more mineralized, I was curious to see how it would perform in my iron-dirty ground and it's good to try new things every now and then. This program goes deep but it's unlike anything I've used on the D2 before. More on that in a bit.

Everything in my city is frozen solid, so the D2 Crew wanted to head south to look for unfrozen ground. The closest likely target was the old train depot location about an hour away. The weather window was suposed to be 42ยฐF for the day before the next snowfall came in, so off we went. When we arrived, we couldn't help but notice somebody had parked a rather large train across the road into the depot area effectively blocking us from getting in. The engines were running so we figured the train would be pulling out at anytime and we puttered around the area detecting for a bit. Unfortunately the ground was very hard-packed except for one large pile of dirt and trash nearby. I switched to the Relic Reaper to see what it was like and it was very different. F350 has offered to give the settings if you're interested, but you'll have to contact him since it's his baby.

BP-1.JPEG

Nothing good was coming out of the trash pile, so we detected around the road and parking area while we continued to wait for the train to move. After about an hour, it became apparent the train was going nowhere fast, so one of the crew suggested we go check out an old homesite further south. While the crew was loading up, I took my sweet time detecting the road back to the trucks and was finding fairly shallow coins in the road when one of the guys shouts, "Come on, lets go!" I said okay and immediately hit a nice solid 92 in the road. The road was like concrete but, I'm not leaving any 90s behind so I carefully chipped a dime free from the rocky hard-pack, threw it in the pouch, and loaded up.

We arrived at the old home site which was across a river from a huge retired train station. There was a large home there at one time but it was razed long ago and is now a dump site for gravel, garbage, and a part time homeless camp. I switched on the Relic Reaper to see if I could poke through the layers of trash and time. I will say that the program didn't seem to have any problems in the hot ground. It will take some time to get used to the very different sounds, but I see the potential there. It hits deep and is very descriptive in the sounds. Iron sounds like iron and non-ferrous targets chirp through. Large items and shallow items blast off so I had to adjust a bit for that. I also cross checked all targets with my modified Silver Slayer, Deep HC, and Relic programs. They all hit the same targets and displayed the same numbers, so I didn't miss anything and I didn't dig a lot of trash. I will definitely give the Relic Reaper more trigger time to fully see what it can do. Well done, F350, this is some out of the box thinking that could be very useful. Thanks for letting me try your program!

We only had a few hours at the home site and the weather changed to freezing pretty fast. I did manage to score a 1928 Wheat cent and an old pocket watch. I also found a crack pipe, so there's that. But the best find was when I got home and started going through the clad and found that that last dime I picked out of the road before we left for the home site was a 1951 silver Roosevelt Dime! That just put a big ol' smile on my face! Thanks for reading. BTW, if you are interested in the Relic Reaper program, please contact @F350Platinum, the creator of the program. He can tell you more about it than I can.

BP-2.JPEG

BP-3.jpg

BP-4.jpg

BP-5.jpg

BP-6.JPEG

• The title was changed to Trying Out The Relic Reaper Program On The D2

That's a nice hunt. So sad Michelle lost her bunny pendant! ๐Ÿ˜€ And the pipe is a hoot, that one looks more for weed than crack, but I don't know much about either. ๐Ÿคฃ

I'd only give those settings out for experienced D2 folks that can change them to suit, yeah, it's going to find everything, but you get a choice. It's really like running the Equinox flat out in all metal, but way more accurate. The only thing to play with is reactivity, even when it's trashy I don't go over 2.

Sorry about the "bomb" sounds on shallow iron and aluminum. ๐Ÿซฃ Told ya you might want to turn iron volume down, but I'd say it is more than 75% sure on iron, and your trash shows that. ๐Ÿ‘ I think it's pretty good with co-located non ferrous too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Looks like you got some period buttons, and what the heck is that bulb looking thing on the top left?

Awesome hunt Cap'n, and thanks for giving it a shot. ๐Ÿ‘

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I'd only give those settings out for experienced D2 folks that can change them to suit, yeah, it's going to find everything, but you get a choice. king thing on the top left?

I like and have used relic quite a bit.ย ย  I would like to know what settings you find of benefit?

6 hours ago, parkgt said:

I like and have used relic quite a bit.ย ย  I would like to know what settings you find of benefit?

It's not based on Relic, it's based on General for the moisture mitigation. Relic is great but eats battery. If you have dry or heavily mineralized soil I'm not sure it will work, hence the reluctance to share openly. ๐Ÿ˜€ It's a bit "avant garde".

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

It's not based on Relic, it's based on General for the moisture mitigation. Relic is great but eats battery. If you have dry or heavily mineralized soil I'm not sure it will work, hence the reluctance to share openly. ๐Ÿ˜€ It's a bit "avant garde".

Here from euro with love I would like test, check on the ancients Spanish sites your settings apply on general program.

I have a rare soil... without a big mineralization but really special. I am using the DEUS II for more than a year and also obiusly many other ย MD and always I am finding this limitation with the soil. Other friends very very expetimentted have the same feeling/probleme with the soil.

Left under your decision my petition...

Regards and kisses from the lovely and ancient Spain.

19 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

That's a nice hunt. So sad Michelle lost her bunny pendant! ๐Ÿ˜€ And the pipe is a hoot, that one looks more for weed than crack, but I don't know much about either. ๐Ÿคฃ

I'd only give those settings out for experienced D2 folks that can change them to suit, yeah, it's going to find everything, but you get a choice. It's really like running the Equinox flat out in all metal, but way more accurate. The only thing to play with is reactivity, even when it's trashy I don't go over 2.

Sorry about the "bomb" sounds on shallow iron and aluminum. ๐Ÿซฃ Told ya you might want to turn iron volume down, but I'd say it is more than 75% sure on iron, and your trash shows that. ๐Ÿ‘ I think it's pretty good with co-located non ferrous too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Looks like you got some period buttons, and what the heck is that bulb looking thing on the top left?

Awesome hunt Cap'n, and thanks for giving it a shot. ๐Ÿ‘

Yeah, that probably is a pot pipe, because that's one thing we have plenty of in Colorado.ย The bulb shaped thing is a butane lighter for pipes which kind of goes with the theme there.ย ย ๐Ÿคฃ

I will say that I'm not done with your Reaper program. I ran it stock but with the Big Numbers screen instead of the XY screen. I intend to experiment much more with it as I can see the potential there. It did well in mineralized soil and it was easy to tell iron from non-ferrous. I didn't mind the louder response on shallow items as I had my volume reduced a bit. It just surprised me a few times when listening for deep targets and swinging over some shallow trash. It reported depth well even on large objects so I think this is going to be very useful. I thank you for sharing it with me! I also think it would be very popular with detectorists overseas in those European fields.ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

1 hour ago, Cheddar said:

long time nox user here. my go to on the d2 has been modified park. would love to check your program out if you're willing to share!

ย 

44 minutes ago, vicente said:

Here from euro with love I would like test, check on the ancients Spanish sites your settings apply on general program.

I have a rare soil... without a big mineralization but really special. I am using the DEUS II for more than a year and also obiusly many other ย MD and always I am finding this limitation with the soil. Other friends very very expetimentted have the same feeling/probleme with the soil.

Left under your decision my petition...

Regards and kisses from the lovely and ancient Spain.

Hey guys, this is not my program so I can't share it, but you can contact @F350Platinumย , he is the creator of the Relic Reaper program and a super nice guy. He can tell you all about it.

On 1/30/2023 at 10:28 AM, F350Platinum said:

thanks for your lovely email and information...I will write about the use on my place with the program.

regards from Spain.