First Hunt With 11x13

Capphd

Glad to see someone else killing it with the 11x13. 👍 I grab the position of the back of the coil in my head and dig from there. Usually puts the target in or near the center of the hole, I generally sweep from a 45-90 zeroing in on it. With full tones the signal gets louder the more in center the target is.

Great hunt!

Great info and congratulations on some really impressive recoveries.

I have been using the WS6 master configuration with the big coil.

10 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

Pinpointer always helps  me even with the 9”! 😄

Yes the same for me , I use it all the time even with the 9" now .. It is a must have especially in woods-forests where the soil is often difficult to dig and a target can easily be damaged when you dont exactly know where it is ..

14 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Glad to see someone else killing it with the 11x13. 👍 I grab the position of the back of the coil in my head and dig from there. Usually puts the target in or near the center of the hole, I generally sweep from a 45-90 zeroing in on it. With full tones the signal gets louder the more in center the target is.

Great hunt!

Thanks, F350. I always use the MI-6 too, but was just curious how accurately one could zero in with the 11x13" coil. Using the 9" coil I almost never use pinpoint mode on the detector (except to check target size) and it zeros right onto most targets at the center of the coil. Glad to see you can do the same with the larger coil.

14 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thanks, F350. I always use the MI-6 too, but was just curious how accurately one could zero in with the 11x13" coil. Using the 9" coil I almost never use pinpoint mode on the detector (except to check target size) and it zeros right onto most targets at the center of the coil. Glad to see you can do the same with the larger coil.

The 9" is markedly better, but with the 13", sweeping from 2 directions (in full tones, which are amplitude-producing) will provide enough feedback to locate the target perhaps a bit better than the 11" round. I was always digging targets on the side of the hole with the 11". Of course aluminum will trick it and be off center.

I wouldn't be surprised if an axiom came about as "bigger coil, bigger hole" regarding digging 🤣

So far I have nothing but good to say about the 13". It's light enough, strong enough, easy enough to use, even without centering it, which I've come to find preferable anyway. I've used it on the beach, in the water, and in the fields.

We're particularly lucky this year that most of the crop was beans, and everything got flattened to spread cover crop. Good times. I think the OP is going to be very successful with it. 👍 Already was.