Headphone Options For Deus Il

GB_Amateur

Going off topic a little, but I must be one of the few that likes the stock backphones.  The thing is I’d thought I would hate them (this was before my D2 arrived) because I thought they wouldn’t stay put on my skinny head.  However after many hunts in the woods going through very tight areas of rhododendrons and mountain laurels, the backphones are much less prone of being knocked out of place by rogue branches.  

I also like the fact that I can hear my surroundings much better than over the ear muffs.  That can turn into a negative though when it’s really windy or in other noisy conditions.  The only other negative for me is that the side where the puck attaches is heavier than the other side which gives a feeling of being unbalanced.  If I bought another set of headphones, I’d probably opt for the WSA-II model, which are the backphones that don’t use the puck.  

1 hour ago, NCtoad said:

If I bought another set of headphones, I’d probably opt for the WSA-II model, which are the backphones that don’t use the puck.  

Hey NC, 

The WSA II headphones have a puck, it's smaller and removable. I have 2 pairs of them, only because I wanted a backup and to pair one each to my 13" rig with SteveG's shaft and the WS6 Master rig.

You don't have to do that, the WSA II backphones will pair to both at the same time.

I always thought the WS6 backphones were a bit funny looking 😀 one side way bigger than the other. The WSA II doesn't look as bad. 🤣

A trick I have especially in these cold windy months is to wear a beanie cap, it presses the backphones against my ears. Keeps my head warm and reduces wind noise. 👍 It will get really bad in March, may wear over ear then. Sometimes. 😁

Having that situational awareness is essential where I live. I also really like the backphones. 🙂

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Hey NC, 

The WSA II headphones have a puck, it's smaller and removable. I have 2 pairs of them, only because I wanted a backup and to pair one each to my 13" rig with SteveG's shaft and the WS6 Master rig.

You don't have to do that, the WSA II backphones will pair to both at the same time.

I always thought the WS6 backphones were a bit funny looking 😀 one side way bigger than the other. The WSA II doesn't look as bad. 🤣

A trick I have especially in these cold windy months is to wear a beanie cap, it presses the backphones against my ears. Keeps my head warm and reduces wind noise. 👍 It will get really bad in March, may wear over ear then. Sometimes. 😁

Having that situational awareness is essential where I live. I also really like the backphones. 🙂

I have not really gelled with the WS6 backphones, but have ordered a pair of the WSA II backphones to make a WS Master rig with them and the WS6 puck on the shaft for warm weather use. If I don't like them, I can always use the WSA II puck with my plug-in earbuds. 😉