Headphone Options For Deus Il

GB_Amateur

A thread discussing Minelab Manticore headphone options prompted me to wonder about the equivalent issue with the Deus 2, and being inappropriate for that subforum I'm bringing it up here.  (My apologies if it's been covered; I don't read all Deus 2 threads.  I did look at XP's ad page but was still left wondering.  Maybe I missed something....)

From what I've seen on XP's site, they list three headphone options, all sold by them (proprietary audio interface)?  I didn't see mention of a (female jack) socket on the unit itself which would handle either 3.5 mm or 1/4" (male) plug.  So,...

Is there a way to connect 3rd party headphones to the Deus 2 or do you just have four audio choices (speaker and three proprietary headphones)?

They make an adapter that screws into the remote that you can plug what ever you like(I have not used this).  I have some water proof headphones that have the adapter built in...look up Tony Eisenhower headphones for Deus 2. 

adapter 

https://www.metaldetector.com/xp-deus-2-remote-control-headphone-jack-adapter

strick

13 minutes ago, strick said:

They make an adapter....

Thanks, strick.  So you can put the remote in your pocket (similar to the ML Eqx WM08 module) and be untethered yet still use the headphones of your choice?  You answered my question, and with a solution I was starting to think didn't exist.  A downside still seems to exist -- you can't see the control unit's screen if it's in your pocket.  🤔

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

A thread discussing Minelab Manticore headphone options prompted me to wonder about the equivalent issue with the Deus 2, and being inappropriate for that subforum I'm bringing it up here.  (My apologies if it's been covered; I don't read all Deus 2 threads.  I did look at XP's ad page but was still left wondering.  Maybe I missed something....)

From what I've seen on XP's site, they list three headphone options, all sold by them (proprietary audio interface)?  I didn't see mention of a (female jack) socket on the unit itself which would handle either 3.5 mm or 1/4" (male) plug.  So,...

Is there a way to connect 3rd party headphones to the Deus 2 or do you just have four audio choices (speaker and three proprietary headphones)?

As strick said, there is an audio multipin to 3.5mm (1/8") adapter that screws onto the Remote that allows any wired heaphones to be used including 1/4" headphones when you attach a 1/4' to 1/8" adapter.

The WS6 headphones that comes with the standard Deus II package and the WS Master package has a remote control unit that can be detached from the headphones and used as a stand alone remote or with a slide on audio adapter that has a 3.5mm (1/8") jack that works with all wired headphones. When the WS "puck" is used with the full sized remote, it acts as a wireless receiver to provide wireless audio in the same was as the Nox's WM08 module. Using the "puck" in the Master configuration as the only remote control it can provide wired audio to any phones plugged into it's audio adapter or provide wireless audio to any of XP's proprietary wireless Dues II headphones.

So there are quite a few different audio options available. For example, I like to use wireless audio, so in the cooler months I use the WSAII-XL full size wireless headphone (which also make good earmuffs 😉) and in the warmer months I use my favorite JBL earbuds plugged into my WS6 (puck) that is attached to the back of my hat band and I can use the buds/puck combo with or without the full sized remote.

There are also several after factory full size headphones available that accept the WS6 (puck) module mounted on them so that they can be used wirelessly with the D2, including Grey Ghost heapdphones. 

Hope that helps explain the audio versatlity of the Dues II.

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

...In the warmer months I use my favorite JBL earbuds plugged into my WS6 (puck) that is attached to the back of my hat band and I can use the buds/puck combo with or without the full sized remote.

OK, so in this configuration the WS6 puck can be used solely as a wireless audio receiver (connected 'wirefully' to headphones/earbads) at the same time as the (cellphone sized) 'remote' is located on the shaft, displaying information such as VDI's.

Do I understand this correctly (finally)?

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

That is correct GB, use your remote on the stem and put you ws6 puck in your pocket with your own set of phones attached to them. All you need is an adapter to take the puck as seen here on this link.

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

OK, so in this configuration the WS6 puck can be used solely as a wireless audio receiver (connected 'wirefully' to headphones/earbads) at the same time as the (cellphone sized) 'remote' is located on the shaft, displaying information such as VDI's.

That is correct, GB. You can also do the same thing with the WSA-II headphone's puck. The only difference is the WSA-II puck does not have the stand alone remote control capability of the WS6. It is just a wireless receiver.

I use a set of wireless headphones that accepts the WS6 or the WSA II. They're called "Wirefree", Serious Detecting advertises them on their site.17021000d.thumb.jpg.f3383bfcafe2614f579e3e9c50d92a4c.jpg

They don't sound all that great but I rarely wear them, like CPT writes, "make good earmuffs". 😀

And, they're about half the cost of the WSA II XL.

If I wanted to I could use the screw in headphone adapter and use the same APTX-LL headphones I use with the Equinox. Just plug in the transmitter and go.

16 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I use a set of wireless headphones that accepts the WS6 or the WSA II. They're called "Wirefree", Serious Detecting advertises them on their site.

They don't sound all that great but I rarely wear them, like CPT writes, "make good earmuffs". 😀

And, they're about half the cost of the WSA II XL.

If I wanted to I could use the screw in headphone adapter sand use the same APTX-LL headphones I use with the Equinox. Just plug in the transmitter and go.

Thats the ones I have. I agree, the sound quality isn't great but the fit and feel is better than the OEM WS6 backphones. I can't stand those things.