Headphones

John SC

You won't be able to pair the ML-85s to the manticore, you would have to use the headphone cable and have them physically plugged into the manticore or you can buy one of those bluetooth dongles and plug that into the manticore and pair the ML-85s to the dongle.

Dan(NM) received a response from Minelab(bottom of this page) indicating the ML-85's are compatible with the manticore.

You should be able to pair your ML85's to the Manticore. The ML105's will pair with the 900 according to Minelab....."Minelab ML-105 headphones with premium carry case use wireless technology to deliver fast, higher quality audio than standard Bluetooth. This results in more precise and faster detection responses. They are compatible for use with MANTICORE and EQUINOX 900 detectors."

1 hour ago, Dan(NM) said:

You should be able to pair your ML85's to the Manticore. The ML105's will pair with the 900 according to Minelab....."Minelab ML-105 headphones with premium carry case use wireless technology to deliver fast, higher quality audio than standard Bluetooth. This results in more precise and faster detection responses. They are compatible for use with MANTICORE and EQUINOX 900 detectors."

Dan are you sure? 

This is whats on Minelabs site: Minelab ML-85 headphones use wireless technology to deliver fast, higher quality audio than standard Bluetooth. This results in more precise and faster detection responses. They are compatible for use with EQUINOX 700 and 900 detectors

https://www.minelab.com/usa/accessories/ml-85

6 minutes ago, Yatahaze323 said:

Dan are you sure? 

This is whats on Minelabs site: Minelab ML-85 headphones use wireless technology to deliver fast, higher quality audio than standard Bluetooth. This results in more precise and faster detection responses. They are compatible for use with EQUINOX 700 and 900 detectors

https://www.minelab.com/usa/accessories/ml-85

Go to the ML105 spec sheet. I copied and pasted it straight off the Minelab website, so yes, I'm sure that's what it said.

9275.png

3 hours ago, John SC said:

Anyone know if the ML-85 will work on the Manticore? I’m getting bad wind noise from ML-105. Thanks John 

Hey John I'm just curious, do you own both machines? I had the same problem with the ML105's, the wind noise was absolutely terrible. I ended up buying a Garrett Z-LYNK and a Quest Wire-Free Mate. If you have a set of wired headphones, you can plug them into the receiver. You can pretty much forget about trying to pair and connect any other Bluetooth device to your Manticore right now.

2 minutes ago, Yatahaze323 said:

I see what you're saying regarding the ml-105s being compatible with the manticore and 900.

However John wants to use the ml-85's with the manticore and minelabs site says the ml-85s are only compatible with the 700 & 900.

It only makes sense if the 105s are compatible with the 900 using the same wireless technology then the reverse should be true as well. I sold both my 900 and my Manticore so I'm unable to do the test in person. Personally, I believe it will work until somebody with both sets of headphones can verify it one way or the other.

Don't worry I'm sure the Minelab earbuds are just around the corner for all of us that like to wear a hat on those hot sunny days that might be windy. 🙄 

23 hours ago, John SC said:

Anyone know if the ML-85 will work on the Manticore? I’m getting bad wind noise from ML-105. Thanks John 

I got a response from Minelab about your headphone question.....

9309.png