New Detector Features

4 minutes ago, Ringtail said:

Here’s a photo of the V3i display, the green is 2.5 kHz, red is 7.5 kHz, blue is 22.5. This is extremely useful info, why can’t we get this on modern detectors?

Seems ironic that a thread asking about new feature requests finds old, useful features that have fallen by the wayside.

16 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Seems ironic that a thread asking about new feature requests finds old, useful features that have fallen by the wayside.

Speaking of old useful features that have fallen by the wayside that I wish had been included in the Manticore…

Another useful feature of the V3i was the ability to play different audio themes in each ear. I had mine set for All Metal VCO in the left ear and Discrimination Tones in the right ear. It sounds confusing, but I found it much easier to notice good targets and determine if they were real or iron falsing. I don’t think would ever be possible as a software update to the Manticore, it likely would require hardware changes. Maybe we could see something like this in the next version of the CTX?

Ringtail

On 3/14/2023 at 5:55 PM, Ringtail said:

Here’s a photo of the V3i display, the green is 2.5 kHz, red is 7.5 kHz, blue is 22.5. This is extremely useful info, why can’t we get this on modern detectors? Whites is out of busines, but I guess it’s possible that Garrett now owns the patents.

Ringtail

599DD81F-B59C-47CC-B6AD-8627C6C91371.jpeg

Probably because that would require companies to be straightforward about which frequencies their machines use.... 

15 minutes ago, coinhunterseth said:

Probably because that would require companies to be straightforward about which frequencies their machines use.... 

The whole "what" and "how many frequencies" transmitted thing is really overblown.  What matters more is what the detector does with the resulting acquired target signal (the signal processing code).

23 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

The whole "what" and "how many frequencies" transmitted thing is really overblown.  What matters more is what the detector does with the resulting acquired target signal (the signal processing code).

I was refering to the frequencies processed side of things. Whites was always straightforward about what was actually processed, and in the case of the V3i actually showed the different frequency responses. How many frequencies transmitted is almost meaningless due to the endless harmonics...