Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Equinox 900 Coin Hunt High Mineralization

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I was just pointing out no brand seems immune to these problems cropping up sometimes on new models, it's just the way Nokta was very clearly saying how much better they were than Minelab for quality that sort of backfired on them. 

Hey Phrunt.

This is an excellent thread and I don't want to get too off topic, but when it comes to build quality, I don't recall Nokta  "very clearly saying how much better they were than Minelab". Do you have a source for that?

BTW: Gary from XP? Top notch!

33 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

This is an excellent thread and I don't want to get too off topic, but when it comes to build quality, I don't recall Nokta  "very clearly saying how much better they were than Minelab". Do you have a source for that?

BTW: Gary from XP? Top notch!

It's not something I can be bothered hunting around for and I'm sure if you can be bothered you won't have difficulty finding stuff, and it was generally the "competition", and who is the competition? ?  It's not Fisher.

They're currently even eluding to it on their site now, but if you go back and watch many of Dilek's videos on the Legend you may hear some things that will perk your ears about the "competition".

Legend.jpg.5acaef419628b8d68717e4c619bff57d.jpg

I'm going to hold out for the Legend 2 to see if I want one as as Jeff has already pointed out the top tier detectors are so close in performance (aside from prospecting -  thanks Deus 2) it's really up to the end user which they prefer feature wise, brand wise or whatever makes them choose.

The problem is at the moment Nokta are saying on their website there will be no Legend 200 or Legend 300, so they're sticking with the Legend in its current form for quite some time and in it's current form I don't see an advantage to having one, great for Legend owners as it likely means they'll keep doing firmware improvements for them.  I can understand that though, it's got to be extremely hard to improve on these new modern high end detectors, they're rapidly running out of things they can do to make them better but it's great it's no longer dominated by one brand, super happy Nokta and XP have got very competitive machines.

My views are always a bit different when it comes to the Legend though as they priced it the same as an Equinox here, it's not cheaper like the lucky USA buyers get it so it loses that advantage.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/29/2023 at 10:05 AM, Dinçer said:

Equinox 900 became ineffective in high mineral alluvium. It even reacted to my hand. Even though I closed many notches, it is still not efficient.

What search mode and settings were you using?

Equinox 800 and 900 Gold modes using multi with high sensitivity settings will respond to the human body and organic stuff like manure. 

The Gold modes will also detect just about any visible metallic detectable object including very small bits of magnetite sand and magnetite grains that are still in host rocks for instance. Frequent manual ground balancing may be needed instead of using tracking ground balance. 

• Like 1