Legend Coin And Jewelry Hunt High Mineralization.

Another short, very cold 2 hour hunt with the Legend version 1.11 software, 10x5" coil, G discrimination pattern, Park M1, reactivity 5, iron filter 1, iron stability 3, bottle cap 1, 6 tones arranged for iron and US coins.

Hunted a fairly new park with no history of older coins. 7 of 10 bar iron mineralization and multiple trash targets under every swing. The Seagrams and Bud Light steel crown bottle caps sounded really good with some intermittent iron grunts and lots of low to mid 50s (US quarter or bigger coin) target IDs. I was using very low iron bias settings. Ferro Check however, told me these were going to be bottle caps. Squarish pull tabs and US nickels do share the 25 to 27 target ID range with some gold rings so I didn't mind digging them.

I have found gold and silver rings at this park in the past. I hunted an area that I hadn't hunted before. All targets were in the surface to 6" range. It's a North facing hillside park that is still frozen deeper than 6".

1944 Wheat and some early 1960s Memorial pennies so silver coins may be present. 3.5 gram sterling silver ring with no stone. Nothing special about these targets but at least for me, clad and scrap jewelry do add up. I am old enough to have worked for 50 cents an hour in the past, so I will take $2.50 an hour anytime!!!!!

The Legend can hunt.

DSCN0480.jpeg

Good hunt Sir.  Do you have one of your 6 Tone bins set to catch most of the pulltabs?   Have you found this better than using some select Notching?

20 minutes ago, JCR said:

Good hunt Sir.  Do you have one of your 6 Tone bins set to catch most of the pulltabs?   Have you found this better than using some select Notching?

Most pulltabs at the parks I hunt have target IDs higher than US nickels if they aren't damaged so I lump them into the same tone bin as zinc pennies/shot bottle screw caps/etc. 

I do have a heavily notched saved user profile for extremely trashy parks where I just can't proceed without some kind of notching until a good deal of targets have been removed.

No notching versus notching for me is all about what the site requires in relation to my serenity/sanity being maintained, how many holes can I dig before the owner of the land or park staff go nuts due to damage and for me to be able to find anything besides just trash.

Exactly.