Hi Guys, Need Some ID Help On Button

I'm from Idaho and we just got back from a detecting trip to Maryland. I found this button but I'm not very familiar with stuff this old. I have Albert's book, but I can't find one exactly like this. I know you folks know everything so I'm asking for your help. Could it be British? There is a circle around the shank on the back but no writing that I can see. I don't really want to clean it much more than I already have for fear I'll lose important parts of it. It's a bird sitting on a fouled anchor, but the bird looks like it has a crown on its head and the wings are spread differently than most of the US buttons. Thanks 

naval button.jpg

That's a puzzler. It doesn't look like any Royal Navy buttons I could find. Perhaps it is from another county. I looks pretty old. Great find!

It’s possibly a livery button.  The bird may not be an eagle, as many livery buttons or crests feature anything from ostriches to sparrows. Very cool find and I hope you let us know when you ID it. 

14 hours ago, TJ Jeepguy said:

It’s possibly a livery button.  The bird may not be an eagle, as many livery buttons or crests feature anything from ostriches to sparrows. Very cool find and I hope you let us know when you ID it. 

Will do. I hadn't thought about a livery button. Thanks, I'll do some looking.

The crown is about the right size for the Haitian Phoenix, but the bird shape looks wrong from the ones I can find.  The wings are about the right shape for some US Marine buttons I have seen, but there is no globe (let alone the crown issue...). 

Hopefully someone can figure it out.  

No backmarks that I can make out. I think there will be some. but I don't wan to clean it any more. I'm afraid it won't take much abuse. There is a circle around the shank about half way between the shank and the edge but that's all I can make out. I thought about the phoenix button too. I have found one of those and it does look similar but not the same. Thanks everyone.