The Joy Of Finding Silver..

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Picnic Bay area might be the best spot for hunting really old coins.

There goes Simon, doing research again.  (He once got lucky finding some silver but we can't read much about that anymore.)

I prefer Erik's luck!

Oh, you say you can do research and get lucky too?  haha

WTG Erik.  Go grab some more history.

Mitchel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Way to go Erik, those are awesome finds! I wonder if the roots of those newer trees brought long buried items closer to the surface. Congrats on your well deserved treasure finds, well done!

Wow Emoji-100.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Those trees don't show up on old photos, they're far younger than the coins.. Old photos of this part of the island show a forest along this bay right up to the beach, but there may have been a small clearing here a hundred years ago.. The landscape is very different now and I'm forever having to imagine where people would swim/picnic in the olden days..  

That's the way to do it.  Looking forward to what else might pop up as you re-imagine where past people activities took place on the island that are less than obvious now because of the changes in landscape and structures.  Beyond the tourists and holiday goers, that island has a rich Aboriginal, European Settler, and WW2 history from what I have heard from you and read about.  There are more surprises and treasures to be found.

• Like 8