11x13 Coil At Hammered Park, Still Pulling Old Coins!

619_805_okie

Hit a park that has been hammered over the years... Not a ton of trash but not clean either. There's one football field sized pocket in the whole park with undisturbed dirt where i found a 1918 slq, 2 mercs, a silver half dollar, and a dozen or so wheaties last year year in around 20 hunts. Oddly, the newest coins i find in this area are mid 1960s even though the park is still in use today. After 20ish hunts It dried up w the simplex and i wasn't finding anything good so i moved on. 

Tonight i hit it with the d2 with the 11x13 coil w a custom silver mode and got a 1923 merc in my first hole, ended up also finding a 1958 roosie, 1942 quarter, and 4 wheaties from the mid 40s. 

I was using a custom silver mode and it was hitting all these coins around 10 inches deep. The quarter was a really jumpy signal but kept bouncing around w inconsistent hits of 97 and 99.

I know the 11x13 got me some extra depth, and more importantly some increased coverage with each swing. This is my best day at a park and i only hunted for 1.5 hrs or so.

If you haven't tried the 11x13, it is killer. I seldom use my 9 inch coil these days since i mainly beach hunt. I was glad to see the trash wasnt any issue for the larger coil. My only real knowledge to share is that this is my second deep silver quarter that bounced around a ton at around 10 inches deep. The 99 signal happened on them both, which was my key to dig. 

20230407_205403.thumb.jpg.39e09b8f0f0c880d27187dc5f8c79b08.jpg

Nice hunt okie, congrats on the deep silver. 👍 It's great when a new coil changes a hunted out space.

I've been touting the 11x13 for some time now, it's good to see others having the same or better results than me. I've used it in farm fields, on beaches, and even the heavy mineralized red clay in Culpeper Virginia. I have not once come home without something interesting, so it's me or the coil 😎

After 2 years of hunting the farms around here only rarely is something 10-12" deep, and the coil has hit it all. It also amuses me that it does well in iron, I've dug co-located targets many times.

Relic season is all but over for me this year, I'm gearing up for a week long trip to a Southern beach. I'll be out every day giving it a workout and comparing it to another manufacturers' 15". 😀

Congrats on the silvers and coppers, okie, that's an impressive haul, well done!

Ya'll are forcing me to get that 11x13" coil! 😏

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Ya'll are forcing me to get that 11x13" coil! 😏

Muuuaaahahaha, you know you wannit... 😈 🤣