Manticore Lots Of Dead Air

It's too dry to hunt here.  I tried hunting my yard a couple days ago and actually bruised my foot trying to drive the shovel into the ground.  Red clay turns to basically brick when it dries out.  My hunting is pretty much done until the fall/winter.  I will say though, in playing with some of the Manticore audio theme settings...it makes a huge difference with all other settings the same.  It IMO, has more of an impact on making a signal pop out, vs all the others.  I can make stuff sound like crap that I'd probably not dig...to making it sound like the purest "dig me all day long" signal just by audio theme settings.  

11 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

It's too dry to hunt here.  I tried hunting my yard a couple days ago and actually bruised my foot trying to drive the shovel into the ground.  Red clay turns to basically brick when it dries out.  My hunting is pretty much done until the fall/winter.  I will say though, in playing with some of the Manticore audio theme settings...it makes a huge difference with all other settings the same.  It IMO, has more of an impact on making a signal pop out, vs all the others.  I can make stuff sound like crap that I'd probably not dig...to making it sound like the purest "dig me all day long" signal just by audio theme settings.  

Yes it's very dry here. We have mostly red clay. I have not turned my Manticore on in two weeks. It's going to take a real toad strangler to soften things up. I was on a real roll with the Manticore until the ground got hard.

On 5/10/2023 at 12:01 PM, longbow62 said:

I've really been surprised there has not been as much discussion about the Manticore as I thought there would be since it came out.

Brand new model, brand new forum, 5100 posts and counting. That's some pretty active dead air!

22 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Brand new model, brand new forum, 5100 posts and counting. That's some pretty active dead air!

Seemed like most of it was before it was actually in people's hands though. On the other forum I frequent it's been pretty much the same thing. Not a lot of post about finds or settings. Not like it was with the Equinox.

Basically I am very impressed with the Manticore. I have not been digging much lately due to very hard dry ground. Up until it got dry I was really doing great with the Manticore even in some hard hunted spots I thought were pretty much hunted out. I'm just surprised I have not seen a lot of post mirroring my experiences with the Manticore. I expected more praise based on what I have seen so far. 

Maybe it’s people like me that are part of the problem. I generated a huge amount of technical content about the Equinox when it came out, due to my thinking it was truly an advance in detecting. Something I think I was correct about. To my mind the Manticore is just a refinement, a tweak, a twiddle, some icing on the cake. Nice machine, I’ll probably get one eventually. But nothing I get all that excited about, and so I’ve sat this one out.

Another thing is people like me who prefer writing stuff on forums have been all but replaced by the YouTube crowd. I’m a reader myself and prefer written content, but reality is most people these days would rather watch a video than read.