Canadian Newbie

Vinnymac

welcome on board Detector Prospector

you will gain lots of useful info here, great group of members here

3 hours ago, Vinnymac said:

Ready to buy my first detector ,Joined the group to research and learn 

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you with us as this place has some of the best people in the world to learn from.

When researching for the detector  that you would like to own remember to take into consideration the areas that you will be using it.

Will you need it waterproof, do you want it with the ability to have more than one coil, and do you want it to weigh as light as possible.

Also ask yourself does it need to be brand new, because there are several good used detectors to be found from people here on the forum.

I love the detector my grandfather left me and that is the Equinox 800, and it has all the features I could ever want.

Good luck and ask questions about any detector that you may want and I am sure that people here can give you real life information about it.

Welcome to the group Vinnymac !

You chose wisely .   Plenty of good detector info posted by the best of the best here !

Most of the most popular detectors have their own forums and the basics are all in Steve's Guides.

Don't be shy with any questions you have .  

You landed on a good site.    Welcome from East Texas.

Welcome! You can yet be saved as you are still  looking for your first detector. Might want to consider chess, scrabble, checkers, these are far less addictive endeavors. Good luck, it truly is a great hobby. HH Jim Tn