Nissan Homy

Hmm, the Suzuki Carry looks to be a pretty capable 4x4 to me. Light weight gives you a distinct advantage in sand, having owned both an early Subaru and a Toyota Forerunner [Surf] on the beach and in sand dunes the Subaru was better, the Toyota was better in mud, mainly because with its better clearance it tended not to bottom out as much and the tyres were more aggressive. For most prospectors clearance would be the key criteria I guess, but my Subaru got me to some remote places.

18 hours ago, dirtman said:

These minis remind me if the '60's CorVans we used to call em.

Rare 1963 Corvair 95 Rampside Pickup Is the Ultimate Hauler for ... https://g.co/kgs/8y83Jg

Great vehicle, I'm surprised the idea hasn't been used more on other vehicles, did they do a tailgate version ?

3 hours ago, blackjack said:

Great vehicle, I'm surprised the idea hasn't been used more on other vehicles, did they do a tailgate version ?

They had a small tailgate.

Rare 1963 Corvair 95 Rampside Pickup Is The Ultimate Hauler For '60s-Era  Bikers And Surfers | payin1.in

They also made a Van version.

Curbside Classic: 1961 Chevrolet Corvair 95 Rampside – It Seemed Like A  Good Idea At The Time | Curbside Classic

My neighbor had a 1961 Corvair Loadside. A very rare one, and all original. I got in touch with a Corvair club nearby. One of the members picked it up and it is being restored.

snakejim