Identifying This Yellow Stone

2 hours ago, alliv32 said:

Can you help me in telling me what is this stone? ring.pdfThis was my mother's ring and it was given to her by her mother in law. My parents got married in 1977 and I am not sure how long my grandmother had it prior to gifting it to her.

It would be better if you just posted a photo, not many will click on a PDF file that they're not sure of!!

Based on the setting, it's not citrine or something low $. It's also pretty massive to be something really rare like yellow sapphire or yellow diamond. Maybe heliodor, but color seems off.

Just taking a wild guess based on the setting, size, and color I'd say topaz. But again, 100% guess. Cut stone ID is not my wheelhouse at all. 

Looks like Topaz to me, beautiful ring.

I almost think its Citrine but this is just an educated guess. Found this on the web: 

Citrine is yellow or orangey quartz. Topaz is often in the same color family but because of its higher hardness it has a higher luster. Because of its different crystalline character it has stronger secondary color and can possess richer colors.