A Nickel Kind Of Day...

Went back to a residential site the topo maps show had houses in the late 1800’s.  Last house was just torn down about a week ago.  Found a silver nickel (second from this site), a buffalo nickel, a 1940 Jefferson nickel and a 1970’s nickel.  Now if only I had found a V nickel, I would’ve had the bases covered for the last 100+ years.  😁

The silver nickel was only an inch or two down in fresh dozed dirt.  I think the dozer, or something historically, scraped up the back.  The buffalo nickel is from the 1930s but that’s all I can make out.

The token is from Games People Play, which was like an old time Chuck E. Cheese.  The disc stamped 334 I think might be an old job shift check-in tag.  The enameled disc is Salvation Army. The washer-type thing is flat on one side and domed on the other.  It is brass or copper and had tar on it.  I wonder if it is a tarp grommet?

The odd shaped thing almost makes me wonder about a broken brass golf T.  The small piece of melted metal came out of an old fire pit.  It is heavy (not aluminum) and has silver highlights. I filed a corner, and it is bright silver-not gray like lead.  The brass pulley is in pretty good condition and doesn’t have much corrosion patina, so it must be relatively recent.

The larger grey disc is heavy and I think it’s lead. It looks like a button to me but it’s fairly large for a button.  There appears to have been raised lettering/logo on one side but I can’t make out what now.  If it is a lead button it should be old, but I don’t know how old.  Any ideas?

1280FE70-7C71-4CF5-96A4-29D13FA7D566.jpeg

7E03C16C-0A85-457E-A26E-9B58145681D3.jpeg

A53BE46A-A2D0-4B28-9D82-BC43C19A3E03.jpeg

Your lead disc is a hem weight. Used in window coverings and skirts. Cool finds Geologyhound!

45 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Your lead disc is a hem weight. Used in window coverings and skirts. Cool finds Geologyhound!

That makes sense, thanks!

Very nice hunt and glad you saved some history.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.