Minelab Manticore M8 Coil Test On Small Gold With The Old & New Software Versions

Did a simple air test of 4 small gold nuggets taped to a cardboard box with the Manticore M8 coil. You can watch the video for yourself but, yes it appears the new software version is more sensitive to small gold than the old one. Is it as sensitive as the Equinox? I have no idea, sold mine a week ago and I'm not looking back.

Thanks for the demo. Wish we had gold nuggets here.

I know nothing about prospecting. Are those the average size nuggets you usually will find? How do you locate a nugget that small once the detector hits? Scoop some of the dirt under the coil center and put it in a panning pan with water?

9 minutes ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Thanks for the demo. Wish we had gold nuggets here.

I know nothing about prospecting. Are those the average size nuggets you usually will find? How do you locate a nugget that small once the detector hits? Scoop some of the dirt under the coil center and put it in a panning pan with water?

I usually find nuggets in the .10 to 1 gram size. The pan is just to display the nuggets on. To recover a nugget I dig a hole with a pick until the target is in the pile. Then grab a plastic scoop to isolate the target by waving the scoop filled with dirt over the coil. Once it's in the scoop I transfer dirt from the scoop to my hand discarding dirt as I go until I can see the nugget. I have some prospecting videos on my channel if you want to see how the process works.

Mirrors my testing, with the biggest improvements on the tiniest of gold, the bigger the gold gets the less the improvement is if there is any at all, it's really that 0.0X of a gram to 0.1 of a gram stuff the update really improved and that's the stuff I contacted Minelab about saying it's performance was lacking.