One Good Earring!

I found a Bottega Veneta 6.75 g pierced earring.  I'd say it weighs more than any similar earring that I've found.  It says made in Italy but it doesn't say anything about what it is made of.  I'll take it by my coin dealer one of these days and have them tell me what it says.  It seems too heavy to be silver.

The other things from the night hunt are in the pictures.

IMG_20230717_150952_842[1].jpg

IMG_20230717_151007_460[1].jpg

IMG_20230717_151305_206[1].jpg

Nice earring. Did you see the price tags for their earrings? 500.00 and up. Yikes. I'm guessing silver because that is what some of them are listed as.

Well ... my analysis was less than desired.  This earring was not marked for a reason.  It is mostly copper.  The Nox did have a mixed response at 16-17 but there is 10-20% or so silver but also some lead!  If they tell the buyers it has lead in it I bet sales of this type drop or is this possibly a knockoff?  I'm thinking that right now.

I'm wondering if there are fakes of this stuff out there now.

If you are going to make a fake of something ... don't you say it is 14k or .925?

That's a heavy earring and they are expensive. I would test it to see if it's silver or gold.

10 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

That's a heavy earring and they are expensive. I would test it to see if it's silver or gold.

It has been analyzed by XRF.  

I missed that post. Sorry.

On 7/18/2023 at 2:56 AM, mn90403 said:

If you are going to make a fake of something ... don't you say it is 14k or .925?

I would think legally, you would be better off not marking it and let people assume that it is precious. Price something very high, and people assume it's quality and precious. Not that manufacturers fault you didn't ask before buying  😅