Is The Manticore Worth It? Does It Perform Better Than The Nox?

19 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

Ok, but that visual ability is not exclusive to the Manticore. The 3030 does that with the FE / CO, the Legend does it with Ferrocheck (simultaneously shows the ferrous and nonferrous content), and the D2 does it with its X/Y screen.

Regarding the trash numbers:

We all know that the bane of gold jewelry hunters is aluminum trash. Those aluminum trash numbers fall right into the same number range as most gold rings and jewelry. So, if that's the problem we're discussing, then going by ID isn't going to help with that problem, nor will an ID plotter like Target Trace. If anything, TT is less accurate in this scenario, because TT shows a dot in the general area of the ID, but ID assigns a precise number.

Well here we are comparing to the NOX.  The NOX also has superb accuracy both digital and audio--to help you sort though the aluminum but its the graph that makes the diffference in your accuracy on everything else.  Also, it's not the graph in isolation--its how it helps you in conjunction with the whole array of features and overall performance.  cjc

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, cjc said:

Well here we are comparing to the NOX.  The NOX also has superb accuracy both digital and audio--to help you sort though the aluminum but its the graph that makes the diffference in your accuracy on everything else.  Also, it's not the graph in isolation--its how it helps you in conjunction with the whole array of features and overall performance.  cjc

Clive also asked about iron identification. Features like TT, Ferrocheck, X/Y, FE/CO, etc, will definitely be beneficial compared to detectors like the 800 that do not have that type of feature. More specifically, iron that produces a nonferrous ID and nonferrous tone. With said features having the ability to show the iron content of what's under the coil (independent of the tone and ID), certainly cuts down on digging iron due to iron falsing.

When you said, the Manticore is a gold hunters dream, were you referring to gold field or gold jewelry hunters? If the latter, can you please give an exact example of why you think that is?

On 10/12/2023 at 5:00 PM, cjc said:

"The NOX also has superb accuracy both digital and audio--to help you sort though the aluminum" Hi Clive, could you summarise how one can sort through the aluminium ? I find that alu foil and can slaw is anywhere between 2 and 24, whilst whole can are 24 on my NOX (Field 2,) It gives a good all round signal (but does not sound the same as coins or rings but I can't describe the difference. Your tips on this would be much appreciated. Cheers Clive H.

5 hours ago, CliveHamy said:

"The NOX also has superb accuracy both digital and audio--to help you sort though the aluminum" Hi Clive, could you summarise how one can sort through the aluminium ? I find that alu foil and can slaw is anywhere between 2 and 24, whilst whole can are 24 on my NOX (Field 2,) It gives a good all round signal (but does not sound the same as coins or rings but I can't describe the difference. Your tips on this would be much appreciated. Cheers Clive H.

A machine like the NOX or Manti is so accurate that can slaw shows how alloyed and mis shapen it is when you use the cross sweep.  I see so many You tube hunters doing this moronic "wiggle" that acts to make a wild signal sound better as the machine cuts out the inconsistent parts with progressive sweeps.  I also size targets that seem too big by using Pinpoint.  The NOX's modulation is bad for making these bigger targets "(deep "rotten glasses)" sound coin sized though--These are the kinds of targets that waste time when one does not bother with basic skills.  So many scoff at my books but don't know any of this.  Last laugh is mine--seeing what these guys have dug every time I hunt. 😁

cjc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1