Found A Gun Buried In My Backyard!

Very nice display piece.And the condition looks to be outstanding.Like the previous commenter I'm also curious about how you cleaned it up.Just a soaking, brushing, and quick rinse?

Appreciate the replies.

For those asking about cleaning, it was a multi-part process. The metal is slightly blued, and appears to have some sort of clear varnish on it, more on that later...

Initial post dig clean up was with water hose and spray. That cleaned the peripheral junk off. Second was a toothbrush with some Dawn soap to cleanse the scrollwork a bit more. This was followed by more water hose spraying. Third was some additional scrubbing with the toothbrush, followed by some light brushing with some 0000 steel wool.

That took care of the outer portions of the gun. I then brought it inside, and boiled some distilled water, placed the gun into a ultrasonic cleaner and ran it with the water and some cleaning solution. I did part this about three times, washing off the gun under the faucet between cycles. Lastly, I used a pair of hobby/craft tweezers (ultra fine tip type) to fish out all the root pieces and dislodge the dirt from inside the hammer shroud and trigger guard and barrel. Then there was a final run through the ultrasonic cleaner (to give a final cleanse of any interior mess) with plain distilled water and finally dried off with a micro-fiber towel.

During the exterior cleaning I noticed that there was some flaking of what appeared to be clear varnish from the barrel and cylinder of the gun, so I backed off cleaning with the steel wool. In looking at the product pictures I could find of this model, it appears that the gun was naturally a variation of this blue sort of color. Item 3 from the following webpage shows this gun's original packaging.

https://talmadge.org/2017/07/29/buried-treasure/

Additional photos:

http://www.nicholscapguns.com/hubley4.htm (shown about halfway down page)