Anyone Reporting Manticore Water Intrusion / Leaking Issues?

So what was the name again of that latest Minelab detector that is.having leaking issues?

403A643E-8CCD-4405-881D-ED596324B4A8_4_5005_c.jpeg.198230cbfb5bd7431ece5f9d0ad7cbb7.jpeg

glug glug gurgle gurgle

2 hours ago, stateguy said:

Maybe they take apart a deus and see how they built there’s 

have not heard anything about there leaking

The build of the two is very different. The Deus 2 is just a stand-alone pod, attached by a mount. The Equinox and Manticore is an integral mount including handgrip. 

Much more inches of seam to fail in the Equinox/Manticore design! 

On 7/28/2023 at 12:27 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

You know, I can understand the Equinox having water intrusion issues, being a totally new design. But Manticore? As a second try, knowing full well about the issue with Equinox? Something is wrong with the pressure testing regimen.

Steve,  My guess is that these problems are due to more than just a pressure testing shortcoming.

Recall the flooding issues of the CTX3030. After spending untold amounts of money on warranty replacements, the solution was found to be a thicker gasket!  Probably at a cost of maybe a penny each.

Then came the Equinox and the broken coil ears because they were too thin and weak.  Again, more money on warranty replacements…three new coils for me alone.

Then the infamous Equinox flooding issue as the seals failed.

It seems to me that the failure was in the original design process and perhaps driven by a budgetary philosophy of penny wise pound foolish.

Now don’t get me wrong, I was a devoted MineLab guy for years.  Now however, I use XP equipment exclusively.

I honestly hope MineLab can overcome these issues as strong competitors only serve to improve the equipment for everyone.

Just the view from my foxhole….

No leaking here yet and mine is submerged at least 4 days a week. I have owned quite a few "water" detectors, including the Nox and sooner or later all were sent in for some sort of repair, but none for a leaking issue.