Manticore For Stubborn Excalibur Beach Hunters

They have gone and done it.

With the Minelab Manticore the stubborn Excalibur beach hunters have another option to the list of decent beach metal #detectr s.

The secret sauce lies underneath the favourite mode and the action bar soft keys.

favourite_mode_480x480.png?v=1690100095

soft_keys_480x480.png?v=1690100101

Excalibur hunters like an All-Metal signal and they need to switch over instantly to the discriminator circuit.

And here is where the Minelab Manticore shines.

Program the Action Bar Soft Key to your favourite mode.

Select Beach DEEP as a favourite mode. Add some salt and pepper (Threshold, Pitch, Recovery) till it is seasoned just wright.

Now select Beach GENERAL and again adjust the settings to your liking.

HEY PRESTO with one push of the button your switching between a very deep mode and a surface discriminator.

Just what beach hunters need.

Lyme_230723_600x600.png?v=1690100816

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Manticore For Stubborn Excalibur Beach Hunters

I haven't programed the soft key for my switching of search modes because I only switch between two different all ready set-up modes.

I only switch between Beach Low Conductors (wet, dry sand) and Beach Surf & Seawater (in the water). I run All Metal on both. I guess I could save a bump or two on the main menu screen by programming the soft key to jump between those two.

Nice to have customize options.

• Like 2

Stubborn Excalibur Beach Hunters, "that is me.."

I've been watching the manticore, even jointed a few FB sites, what is alarming is the amount of machines that's have hunting in the water, leak issues.

I do like that opp, ....question,  is the Manticore deeper in AM. I recently hunted with a friend that used the manticore and I had no problem digging good targets behind him, but he was using disc mode, and more or less a rookie with it since he has only had it for a few weeks. He has used the Nox before for several years. 

SNAG-0003.jpg

• Like 1

Just to be clear, the photo above is of the new unit that Minelab sent Chris. Those imperfections on the screen are air bubbles under the flimsy factory screen plastic sheeting. Chris did not make a photo of the unit he sent Minelab. He did report water in the handle and underneath the screen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Just to be clear, the photo above is of the new unit that Minelab sent Chris. Those imperfections on the screen are air bubbles under the flimsy factory screen plastic sheeting. Chis did not make a photo of the unit he sent Minelab. He did report water in the handle and underneath the screen.

Good point Jeff, i think the photo above several questioned the air bubbles. 

Jeff have you heard any more about this issues? From FB post I think I seen 5 so far that were returned for water problems.

• Like 1

Five is all I know about. I am trying to stay out of it as much as possible.

• Like 1

@Joe Beechnut OBN I haven't heard of anyone saying the audio is deeper than the screen. They are all looking at that little fishfinder located in front of them.

The audio is slightly deeper 😉

And when in Beach Deep mode, it runs the recovery a little slower than the standard beach mode. You'll hear the slight repeatable changes in threshold just like a finely tuned Excal.

She isn't built as robust as an Excal and I haven't figured out a set of decent beach headphones. But I'm getting there.

The thing that is really grabbing my attention is there are more targets just flowing through the scoop.

And there is a sweetnes about the signal it slams on a ring. A hint of Excalibur.

Stubborn Excalibur hunters,... there is a good reason why 😉

There are no increments in the threshold, no steps, not too loud, not too faint. You can adjust it just wright!! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve always viewed my Excalibur as complimenting the Manticore/Equinox. I use my Excalibur when I submerge it under the surf, as a visual display is basically useless at that point anyway. I know the Excal won’t leak and the additional weight disappears underwater.

I’ll use my Manticore and Equinox at the surfline where the light weight and screen analysis capabilities really shine… I view the IP68 rating as insurance against wet sand, salt spray and rogue waves.

• Like 1