Does Your Manticore Take Calls?

Something I've only recently noticed with the Manticore.  At least when in ATHC, all metal, if my phone rings, so does the Manticore.  Confirmed today that it's only in all metal, don't know about modes other than ATHC.

It may have always been doing this.  I typically leave my phone in the truck while detecting.  Was doing some testing in the backyard last week and got a call and was surprised that the Manticore picked up the ring.  Had my phone on me this morning while detecting and it happened again.  That's when I pressed the horse shoe to go into disc mode and that did stop it.

Anyway...  Like I say, don't know if this has always happened or if maybe it's just my new phone?  An iPhone 14 Pro that I've only had a couple of weeks.  But can't say it wouldn't have happened with the old phone if I had chanced to have it on me while in all metal.

Just curious how many others have noticed this?

- Dave

Oooops…..now Minelab will charge you for the “Call Forwarding” feature 😳

Dang you should have taken the call.You never know it might have been xp calling to inform you that you have won a new D2.

Pretty sure it was someone wanting to let me know my car warranty was expired 🤣.

- Dave

I'll try testing it today...have had my phone with me detecting for sure but I usually keep the volume turned off and I usually dont hunt in ATCH so you got me wondering but I have an android..and were a long ways from April arnt we? 🙂 

strick

3 hours ago, strick said:

..and were a long ways from April arnt we? 🙂 

strick

:laugh:  

Apparently not a long enough ways yet though :laugh:

I've only been using ATHC quite a bit the last couple weeks.  About as long as I've had this phone.  Mostly ATLC or ATG before that, or Beach Deep at the beach.  But playing with ATHC in the garden and on wild turf targets the way @abenson has, has me using ATHC a lot on turf now.

Quite interesting that the Android doesn't do it.  If I can get anyone rounded up for a few minutes today I might try some backyard testing in other search modes, maybe even see if my Wife's Android doesn't do it as well.

I'm leaving the phone in the truck or turned off if in my pocket though.  Can't hurt...

- Dave

Had a chance to mess with it briefly.  With my phone it does it in both ATHC and ATLC, all metal.  Didn't try any other modes.  Sounds like a stuttering turkey gobble in 1 Region All Tones, BTW...  But I'm sure I could play with different audio settings to get a different ring tone on the Manticore.

Did try the friends iPhone 13 that she was calling me with to determine the above.  It didn't do it with my phone calling her phone.

Beats me...  My first stab at it I think it looks possibly phone specific.  But that would take more testing than I'll probably ever do, in order to be sure.  I have a simple solution though - don't carry my phone turned on in my pocket while detecting.  Which, I normally don't, anyway. 

Have a new Android (Wife's) and another iPhone 14 Pro (Daughter's) in the household.  Haven't had a chance to corner either of them for a test yet.  But I'll try.

- Dave

On 8/6/2023 at 6:49 PM, UT Dave said:

Sounds like a stuttering turkey gobble 🤣

I have a simple solution though - don't carry my phone turned on in my pocket while detecting. 

Are you saying you dig stuttering turkey gobbles? 😂