' Expert ' Fails, Ring-in Gets The Job Done..

This morning I received a call out for my ring and jewellery recovery service.. A German backpacker had lost her 'very important' bracelet, could I come and find it? Unfortunately she'd send her plea for help whilst on the ferry leaving the island, but she did send a map of where she'd been sitting and a picture of the bracelet..

This would've been just another call out if my son hadn't been on the island for a holiday, and he was mighty keen to have a looksee.. I told him since the bracelet had a 'silver pearl' on it he could expect the Nox to sound off pretty hard, somewhere in the 20s.. Also it was newly dropped in dry sand so don't bother digging too deep.. 

Armed with a big coil Nox for both of us, we set up a grid where we crossed each others paths to make sure every inch was covered.. At one stage I told him to stop digging every thing and just concentrate on finding silver.. But I'm glad he ignored his old man because he found the bracelet.. You'll never guess what the Nox's target ID read.. Yeah you're right, 13.. The same target ID I'd told him was always gonna be junk..

In my defence the 'silver pearl' was the tiniest blob of silver I've ever come across, never mind about the other 'black pearls', the bracelet looked nothing like the one in the picture.. But like most trashy and cheap looking jewellery, this nasty, fishing wire-tied, plastic pearl wonder meant a lot to the owner.. Happy days all round.. 🙂

Screenshot 2023-08-14 195705.png

-.jpg

--.jpg 

---.jpg

• The title was changed to ' Expert ' Fails, Ring-in Gets The Job Done..

Great job and good on you both! That was a tough target to hit, well done!

It looks like your son may have inherited some of your skills and now you have a jewelry rescue partner. 😉

Great recovery and I hope the owner is glad to get it back.

Good things come back to you when you do things like this for someone, so go out detecting and dig some gold.