Brave Enough (or Foolish Enough) To Go Out To The Desert Immediately After "tropical Storm"?

Got an invite to go out to the El Paso's as soon as it stops raining after this tropical storm ...really a "dying hurricane" passes. Our local SoCal news is constantly harping on this anomaly that has only occurred several times on the West Coast. Really "making hay" trying to play up and scare people...showing people filling sandbags , stocking up at the grocery store etc... It's laughable! Yes we will get tons of rain but the winds will die down to a strong breeze! Anyway after the rains earlier in the spring the roads out there at Taft, Red Chispa, OC 49er claims were torn to "hell"..some completely obliterated. Gold was exposed in the trails that were undercut by several feet. Ken (last name STILL not mentioned) spent three whole long days detecting just one trail and got 16 nuggets with his 6000, many so small they won't move the most sensitive scale! But, that's Ken..he gets off on being thorough...so he can say "there is no more gold there"! Funny cause after that I went there with my new Garrett Axiom and found a nice size nugget within 10 minutes with the Mono coil! Ha..was he surprised!

Anyway, I get tired of reading about past glories on this website and had vowed to myself that I would go back out and try the DD coil on the Axiom if the weather cooled off even a little. But 'boy-oh-boy'......I can imagine the muddy swamp waiting out there just after 8 inches or more of rain...without letting it dry out for awhile.  I have some responsibilities at home that would nag at me the whole time I would be out there which would diminish my enjoyment. So, I SHOULD pass on this invitation for awhile even though it would give lots of satisfaction to post pictures of 16 or so nuggets or so.

Ken...you're a go getter....maybe you will beat us all out there again?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We all know big rain storms move dirt perhaps enought to expose more gold, lets hope this storm does that. 

Looks like that’ll take some work to make again, just the thing for keeping some of that Au in the ground where it belongs for you! 😉

On 8/24/2023 at 9:57 AM, aerospace guy said:

Yes..exactly right..just to the West of Red Chispa! A forum member is going out Sat and I am going to get a report and hopefully some pics. Having work done on my truck so I can do some "day tripping" real early...too hot to stay for multiple days.

Paradiceau...my bad!!! Meant to say the East of Red Chispa. Waiting for a report this morning on conditions out there1

• Thanks 1