M1, M2 Or M3 For Field Hunting

Hello, 

it would be nice to hear from you, which of the multi freq. settings (M1,M2,M3) do you use for field hunting and why you choose it. I hopefully get my permission soon to go hunting on a field and wonder, which setting is the "best".  From my point of view M1 should be good, especially for silver coin. What is your opinion?

I choose the frequency based on what potential the site may have in the way of desirable targets. This choice is tempered by ground conditions & EMI.

M1 for coin size/mid to high conductors.

M2 for smaller/lower conductors

M3 for conductive ground conditions due to excess moisture activating mineral/salt 

A single frequency if EMI is a problem, choice based on the above guidelines.

The "problem" is, that I don't have a clue what the field may hide for me. 

I think I need practicing with the different settings and see how it's influence the results. 

Did you tests like going over the same target with different settings?

Yes, that I what ever I could imagine to simulate field situations/possibilities to better understand the detectors response.

9 hours ago, GermanGuy said:

Would be great to hear from your results. 

I don’t know what to tell you other than you should experiment for yourself on the type of ground and sites you hunt. That is the most effective way to learn.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

a short feedback:

I've gotten the permission from my archaeologist and owner for hunting on some fields. Due to the presence of wind turbines it comes to EMI which leads to chattering sound. The best setting for me was M3. With M3 the dector is almost still and it was possible to put the sense up to 27.

By the way, yesterday I found my first coins. 😊

Best regards 

Great news. Get after it.