1st Time Out - MXT Pro + 18x4 Detech Arrow Coil

Hi all!

I've been laid up for about three weeks with a sciatica flare-up, which pulled me off of all detecting activities. Right before it hit, I was playing around with a [new to me] MXT Pro with some success, and I'd ordered one of those scythe-type coils from  https://www.thrace-detectors.com/, the Detech Arrow 18x4. The Arrow arrived a few days ago, and I've been lusting to take it out to play since it arrived.

Except for fiddling around in my own backyard, today was the first time I was able to take the MXT Pro + Arrow coil out in the field. Went to my usual testing spot, an elementary school playground/field I've worked over many times with the Nox 800 and Legend. End result is I'm A) definitely still on the novice side of learning the MXT and it's sounds/signals, and B) I did dig a good bit of trash (can slaw and pull tabs)...BUT, I did pull a Sacagawea dollar and a 1965 quarter. This was in a short 40 minute detecting period.

Like I said, this is my regular testing ground and I've hit it many times over from multiple angles. I think the winning factor with the big sweepr coil on the MXT was covering gaps from prior work -- neither coin was a surface find or recent drop, and they were both 2-4" deep.

Anyways, it was a short hunt but big fun, and I'm really looking forward to using this detector/coil combination in the future. Also, it feels FANTASTIC to be back in action again!

Great combo with the MXT Pro running the Detech Arrow, very smooth and stable… You can cover an entire open field in a fraction of the time compared to the standard coil.

Nice combo for sure.......and sorry to hear about your sciatica as it's a miserable experience.