Deus 2 - Gold On First Hunt..

Sinclair

Lowering the Max Frequency from 40 kHz to 24 kHz can help mitigate EMI. So can lowering the Audio Response, but turn up the Sensitivity to compensate.

The D2 is a lot hotter machine than the Nox, so turn down Sensitivity when searching near big iron in playgrounds and beach chairs, etc. Also using the smaller 9" coil helps there too. I usually run Sensitivity between 88-92 with the 9" coil in playgrounds and can pick out good targets within an inch of an iron pole.

Last time it ran a lot quieter, without changing any settings. To completely get rid of any noise, I'd have to lover the sense to arround 80. Lowering the max frequency makes it worse. I didn't have the time to test a lot, otherwise my colleague would have emptied the beach befor I even got to work 😅

9" .. yeah - I had a really hard time to decide between the 9" and the 11".. maybe I should have started off with the 9".

CF Shaft arrived - It doesn't do wonders, but it definitely betters the wobble with the 11" by a lot. It doesn't bend at all - the rest of the wobble sources from the S-grip and the way the coil is mounted in relation to the grip. It's like the coil wants to do a twist at each end of the swing. The center-mounted coil on a straight shaft shaft does a better job in that regard imho.