Pin Pointer For Placer?

Here's a video on the Pro-find 40 on small nuggets. I did not have a Garrett AT at the time of the video. I have only used the Pro-find 40 a little bit, so have not come to a conclusion yet on it's performance and durability.

I do highly recommend the Garret AT due to it's reliability and it's more sensitive than my older Garrett pro pointer used in the video.

Thanks for that video, it does appear the 40 is more stable and doesn't go off in the air all the time like the 35, can you confirm this? You said in the video it seems better, but do you think it is much more stable or just a bit? It's damn frustrating with the 35 that you have to have it in the hole and try not to move it around much or lift it out of the hole or it goes off and you have to turn it off and on again.  That's the thing I dislke about the 35 the most especially when I can't understand why they made it like that when no other pinpointer behaves the same, even a cheap $20 Chinese generic one.

The sensitivity seems improved too, a little.  The 40 appears to be what the 35 should have been and the 35 should never have made it past the testing stage to be released.

I may end up with one after all.

I will be putting out a video next on the Pro-Find 40. This pinpointer is a game changer for pinpointing nuggets. My tests will be solely on nuggets. The other detexperts can cover coins and such. 

12 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I will be putting out a video next on the Pro-Find 40. This pinpointer is a game changer for pinpointing nuggets. My tests will be solely on nuggets. The other detexperts can cover coins and such. 

Game Changer compared to which pinpointers? 

22 hours ago, phrunt said:

but do you think it is much more stable or just a bit?

I have had several trips out with Pro-Find 40 the last couple of weeks, I only remember it going unstable twice. When this happened I only had to push the stability (on button switch quickly) which fixed the stability immediately without having to turn the pin-pointer off like the Pro-Find 35. 

I'm still on the fence about it only because it's still needs more time in the field to prove it's lasting durability.

Hope this helps some of you. This is by far a nugget Shooter's pinpointer. Just what I have been wanting for a long long time. 

Thanks for the video, confirmation I don't need one, similar performance to many pointers on the market on smallish gold by the looks of it, certainly not looking like the most sensitive or deepest around.  I like the improved stability and fast retune, a viable pinpointer for those in the market for one by the looks of it.

I haven't tried any of the pulse induction pinpointers, but in my opinion this is the most sensitive pinpointer I've come across or seen in action. And a few short years ago the Minelab pinpointer had the highest khz. The retune is fast and effective. 

4 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I haven't tried any of the pulse induction pinpointers, but in my opinion this is the most sensitive pinpointer I've come across or seen in action. And a few short years ago the Minelab pinpointer had the highest khz. The retune is fast and effective. 

Obviously, you've not been able to try the Sphinx 03 as its unobtainable as it's currently my most sensitive but have you tried the TRX, XP Mi4/6 or Garrett Pro Pointer AT, they're the ones I'd be interested in a comparison with when it comes to sensitivity.  Even comparing small gold vs the Pro-Find 35 would give an idea of the improvement.    

The Pulse pointers lack the sensitivity although the size gold in your video they'd probably do pretty good, the Pulses sure have the depth though on target sizes they're compatible with.

I can tell by the video the stability is improved, and fast retune should have been there on the earlier models too, a standard feature on other pointers was forgotten on the Pro-Finds, it's lack of availability was made even worse by the older model's instability.

Nothing would make me happier than the Pro-Find 40 being a great pinpointer, as then I'd be happily using one.

I have a Garrett carrot, lately once I turn it on I cannot turn it off, have to remove the battery, replace it, then start all over pinpointing, what the heck?