Lead Lake Gives Up Some Gold

I don't think I've ever seen so much lead in one hunt! No wonder you had to keep emptying your pouch! Congrats on the coin and jewelry count. Glad you got some gold for all the work!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, okara gold said:

I don't think I've ever seen so much lead in one hunt! No wonder you had to keep emptying your pouch! Congrats on the coin and jewelry count. Glad you got some gold for all the work!

Thanks okara, this has to be the most frustrating place I've ever hunted 🙂 I know the good stuff is there, but, I have to wade thru so much lead. I've been saving all the lead from this spot since the first of the year. I'll post a pic at the end of December of the total weight.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

Thanks okara, this has to be the most frustrating place I've ever hunted 🙂 I know the good stuff is there, but, I have to wade thru so much lead. I've been saving all the lead from this spot since the first of the year. I'll post a pic at the end of December of the total weight.

So... With all that lead, is it more popular as a fishing area? We had a storm here in Florida a couple months ago that moved a lot of sand off the beach. In one area I started finding sinker after sinker and I was thinking I am sure to walk away with multiple gold rings. Nothing came about in the gold department except loads of lead. And it was all in front of rental units. Ya just never know.

• Like 2

Nice hunt, Dan. 👍 I've heard when you start digging sinkers you're where the gold is, but that's a lot of sinkers! 😀 Good on ya for not getting tired of it. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, okara gold said:

So... With all that lead, is it more popular as a fishing area? We had a storm here in Florida a couple months ago that moved a lot of sand off the beach. In one area I started finding sinker after sinker and I was thinking I am sure to walk away with multiple gold rings. Nothing came about in the gold department except loads of lead. And it was all in front of rental units. Ya just never know.

There is a boat launch and an older park on either side of the exposed area I'm hunting. Earlier this year I cherry picked most of the coins, some silver and wheats . The lake level  is half of what it normally is, so I'm hunting the exposed ground.  There was a lot of clad and I was only digging zincs and above when I first started hunting. After the coin count fell off, I decided to see if there was any jewelry here as well. Holy moly, I had no idea there was sooooo much lead lol. I've found  2 gold rings, 4 or 5 silver rings and 6 or 7 junkers so far.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice hunt, Dan. 👍 I've heard when you start digging sinkers you're where the gold is, but that's a lot of sinkers! 😀 Good on ya for not getting tired of it. 

Thank you, I kept telling myself it would payoff eventually, but my lord, didn't know it would be  9lbs later lol.  Good thing the lead is worth something, otherwise I might have to reconsider what I'm doing here 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am so glad that you are saving the fish from lead poisoning, please keep up the good  work and the fish will send you a few more rings and maybe a nice medal.

Good luck on you next hunt and stay safe out there.

• Haha 2