Nugget Hunting In Hilly Terrains

I have to agree to disagree with you d4AU, what you suggest was the go no doubt but today after 50+ years of detector operators doing such your chances are much better thinking outside that box, even bugger all thinking and lots of footwork/swinging out in the fringes. A stubborn faith with good strong legs and an ear for that first slight signal that leads to a patch, plus being a wee touched by the sun helps.🤪

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Norvic said:

A stubborn faith with good strong legs and an ear for that first slight signal that leads to a patch, plus being a wee touched by the sun helps.🤪

I heartily agree Nordic. In addition to those traits I would add excellent coil control coupled with fanatical ground balance, but you know that…all the best.

• Like 1

Hard to beat Chris Ralph and his experience being a certified geologist  and all he was always out there to share his experience and a true golden man   I hope he is happy in his retirement if you get the chance to meet him he is very helpful 

6 hours ago, Norvic said:

I have to agree to disagree with you d4AU, what you suggest was the go no doubt but today after 50+ years of detector operators doing such your chances are much better thinking outside that box, even bugger all thinking and lots of footwork/swinging out in the fringes. A stubborn faith with good strong legs and an ear for that first slight signal that leads to a patch, plus being a wee touched by the sun helps.🤪

I understand what's he's saying about the geological part of it.. as in every country and state  the structure of the land  changes things look different and these geological features would give a experience eye a bigger picture or clue of it's surroundings. This with time should give a better chance of the odds in finding gold.

But this would only come with time and understanding of these different scenarios and results of the work you put In.. 

At the end of the day putting on the work would give the best results as it lets things prove itself for what it is every time and time again.!. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1