Nugget Hunting In Hilly Terrains

Welcome!  You will have to post some more photos sometime of your part of the world, looks interesting!

This is a great book if you’re just starting out and need more help on how to look, especially on what to look for with deposits in the hills near stream beds and such. And it’s on sale right now from the author Reese Townes @Goldseeker5000

• Like 5

i would Definitely .. would want them to be from metal detecting. but i need to gain the confidence of me using the right tool for the right detecting style and that there's a possibility of success from the right techniques..

i have learned to becomes a good gold dredger and build my own gold dredges like the ones Steve have built the subbies. 

but i want to step it up a notch. 

im going to purchase the book, it looks very well put together and from the same geographical location.. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Nugget Hunting In Hilly Terrains

I got this nugget today by applying things out of my book today. If you happen to be out of the USA. I do ship out of country. It is definitely worth the extra shipping if you are. 

IMG_20231112_162159869_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231112_171454765.jpg

IMG_20231112_171435718.jpg

IMG_20231112_171548291.jpg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I got this nugget today by applying things out of my book today. If you happen to be out of the USA. I do ship out of country. It is definitely worth the extra shipping if you are. 

IMG_20231112_162159869_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231112_171454765.jpg

IMG_20231112_171435718.jpg

IMG_20231112_171548291.jpg

Im in the US right now.. that's a nice piece for the day.. I'm planning on taking a trip back to DR maybe early next year. 

So I'ma prepare with some things to give it a go. I been struggling finding gold with metal detectors but I guess this is something many find themselves struggling even with the best of best detectors / grounds and experience.. this is why I have love gold dredging with the ease of finding some kinda of gold everyday.. but I believe at the end of the day it might be more rewarding giving this a try. . 

• Like 4

I agree with everyone on @Goldseeker5000's book choked full of all kinds of info for all areas of detecting Nuggets it is a great learning resource 

• Like 1

I have been detecting full-time for gold nuggets since October of 2021 and the gold is my main source of income. My back is against the wall. Every day when it comes to finding gold, I must think outside the box and come up with strategies to keep myself in the gold. Everything I learn I share, just ask Gold Ryder. I am forced to produce. At times it is very challenging, stressfull and I am forced to persevere. When I pull something like this nugget out or my 18 gramer, it makes everything worthwhile. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I have been detecting full-time for gold nuggets since October of 2021 and the gold is my main source of income. My back is against the wall. Every day when it comes to finding gold, I must think outside the box and come up with strategies to keep myself in the gold. Everything I learn I share, just ask Gold Ryder. I am forced to produce. At times it is very challenging, stressfull and I am forced to persevere. When I pull something like this nugget out or my 18 gramer, it makes everything worthwhile. 

I could imagen how it gets.  I have lived off gold dredging and it ain't no joke. You have to face it how it is and keep going. Either you had a plan and the plan didn't work and now you have to create another plan.  Just because persevering have always paid off for the most of it. Even tho there's time no matter what you do you just end up leaving dry. One technique I have used to motivate those around is bring out my dowsing rods loll. It had helped me in many ways get a better clue on the mineralization of the river streams and sometimes I'm able to track with them the source by following the mineralization all to a 3 feet area. Haven't metal detected these areas but is something I want to try out and see if it could eventually work out for me. But for now I'm just looking to use gold prospecting as a hobby and have other things which could be more stable in the long run as main source of income.. as we all know the more gold we extract the more scarce it gets. You would have to be traveling more or like you said coming up with new ideas..

• Like 4