One Last Hunt Gets Weird Before The Freeze * With Update On Page 2 *

CPT_GhostLight

Wow, Cap'n what a great hunt. 👍 An incredible assortment of historical stuff. Even your iron is interesting! Seems you had a blast. Always a great story from you!

That happened to me at a gas station in NC towing my RV. I had shut the engine off at the gas pump, and when I tried to restart it all the crazy stuff happened as well as my seats adjusting themselves. 🤪

Turned out both my truck batteries were dead. It took forever to get a tow out of the diesel bay, I'm sure the truckers weren't thrilled. It was too late to get service, so I dropped my RV in the parking lot and fired up the generator. The station attendants were nice to let us stay the night.

Took most of the next day to get the truck a new set of batteries but we finally got home. 😀 I'd replace that battery! 🤔 It ain't aliens... 🤣

• Haha 1

Those are some nice relics & glass too.  That will be a memorable hunt for sure. Glad you got out & back home.

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2023 at 5:58 PM, F350Platinum said:

Wow, Cap'n what a great hunt. 👍 An incredible assortment of historical stuff. Even your iron is interesting! Seems you had a blast. Always a great story from you!

That happened to me at a gas station in NC towing my RV. I had shut the engine off at the gas pump, and when I tried to restart it all the crazy stuff happened as well as my seats adjusting themselves. 🤪

Turned out both my truck batteries were dead. It took forever to get a tow out of the diesel bay, I'm sure the truckers weren't thrilled. It was too late to get service, so I dropped my RV in the parking lot and fired up the generator. The station attendants were nice to let us stay the night.

Took most of the next day to get the truck a new set of batteries but we finally got home. 😀 I'd replace that battery! 🤔 It ain't aliens... 🤣

Lol! It was definitely a fun day. The night was a little sketchy though! I'm not saying it was aliens... ,but... 🛸

I had the battery checked and it's in good shape. I tracked the problem down to the dome light. It must have been on for days because I don't remember turning it on. That's the danger of leaving the lights on "Auto", I suppose. Now I check to see that everything is off before I leave the car. And I bought a remote battery jumper to keep in the "just-in-case" box! 😉

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 7:32 PM, JCR said:

Those are some nice relics & glass too.  That will be a memorable hunt for sure. Glad you got out & back home.

Thanks! I don't think I'll forget that hunt anytime soon. My wife was about to make my son drive 3 hours out in the wilderness in the dark to try and find me. Luckily my friend saved my bacon before that happened! 😉 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 7:51 PM, Lodge Scent said:

Thank goodness you were spared the probe CPT !!! Nice bunch of finds! The fossil with the scales is really cool!

Thanks, LC! Yeah, that fossil was a nice surprise. You just never know what you'll find metal detecting! 😎

Cool hunt!  I would love to find more tokens. Looks like your fossil may be a Lepidodendron (scale tree “bark”) fossil.

On a side note, aren’t aliens supposed to wipe your memory after probing?  So maybe you were there longer than you thought… 🤣

F223ACFC-6E30-4F1B-8718-53B467BF22D9.png

• Thanks 1