One Last Hunt Gets Weird Before The Freeze * With Update On Page 2 *

CPT_GhostLight

On 11/29/2023 at 4:29 PM, Geologyhound said:

Cool hunt!  I would love to find more tokens. Looks like your fossil may be a Lepidodendron (scale tree “bark”) fossil.

On a side note, aren’t aliens supposed to wipe your memory after probing?  So maybe you were there longer than you thought… 🤣

F223ACFC-6E30-4F1B-8718-53B467BF22D9.png

LOL! 🤣

Thanks, Gh, I was thinking I had seen that pattern before on some images of prehistoric plants. That matches it exactly!  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to One Last Hunt Gets Weird Before The Freeze * With Update On Page 2 *

After looking more closely at the folded 5 Cent token I noticed some differences between that and the Alamo Club token, so I took a chance and opened the Taco-Token yesterday. My suspicions were confirmed and it is not from the Alamo Club (only twenty-six 10 cent tokens known to exist counting mine 😉). It is actually from the Pinon Saloon McGuire Colo, which I could not find in the Pritchard token book or online. It also has a hole through it that looks like it was punched with a square nail.

RH17-horz.jpg

• Like 2

Nice tokens and relics. Just a note on the alien probe.... I usually ask them if the probe can be a Garrett and not some cheap China junk 😅 Must be kinda scary to be out there and have your vehicle die on you. Of all places 🙄

• Haha 2

I'm not sure why that video was posted here, but it was a fun watch. I get that European metal detectable history is much older that here in the US, specially where I live in Colorado, if that was your point. We just don't have anything that old here, if we did it, those kind of finds would be posted in U.S. youtube videos too, but we rarely find anything older than 1600-1700s on the East and West coasts and mostly 1800s (if we're lucky these days) and later out here in the wild west. 😎 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, iron_buzz said:

I'm in Minnesota, and we are STILL detecting here! 

You folks in the North Star State are a hearty breed! 😎

I try to detect all Winter too between freezes and thaws. At some point it usually freezes everything hard and many places will stay frozen until the Spring thaw. We've had more early freezes this year though so I just try to get out when I can. 😉

6 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

You folks in the North Star State are a hearty breed! 😎

I try to detect all Winter too between freezes and thaws. At some point it usually freezes everything hard and many places will stay frozen until the Spring thaw. We've had more early freezes this year though so I just try to get out when I can. 😉

I dug a 1904 Barber dime today, and my partner an 1888 Seated dime.  The ground was not one bit frozen!

• Like 1