Who Uses The Armband?

Lodge Scent

So awhile back i began using the Bone Conduction Headphones at a couple of my sites where I wanted to be able to hear everything that is going on around me.Typically I would just cover one (my bad ear) with the WSA XL 2's but that was inhibiting my signal and tones processing and I was always knocking them off of my noggin in the brush.I quickly got to liking the bone phones a lot but couldn't stand being tethered to my detector so i decided to put my d1 armband (that I never used) to good use and solved the problem.I just put the excess cord under my shirt or jacket because I spend a good deal of my time beating and sometimes crawling the brush.It took a little getting use to changing the programs and settings and since I rarely use the pinpoint function there wasn't any real handicaps.

3F5F6A56-BF19-4364-8FB1-6B3B7F4E223A_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.1d36dd64cdf7e6c976fad3f27b3933ca.jpeg

Also thanks for the tip on the Nomad shovel CPT GhostLight and JCR. I'm loving that thing it's long and strong and lite as a feather! I wasn't to crazy about the red color so I gave it a shot of camo.

3F49DA45-BFA9-4807-92FE-1AD14EB128C5_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.a6fe2c8cd79747054d35c2c2dcb5ab5e.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

So awhile back i began using the Bone Conduction Headphones at a couple of my sites where I wanted to be able to hear everything that is going on around me.Typically I would just cover one (my bad ear) with the WSA XL 2's but that was inhibiting my signal and tones processing and I was always knocking them off of my noggin in the brush.I quickly got to liking the bone phones a lot but couldn't stand being tethered to my detector so i decided to put my d1 armband (that I never used) to good use and solved the problem.I just put the excess cord under my shirt or jacket because I spend a good deal of my time beating and sometimes crawling the brush.It took a little getting use to changing the programs and settings and since I rarely use the pinpoint function there wasn't any real handicaps.

Also thanks for the tip on the Nomad shovel CPT GhostLight and JCR. I'm loving that thing it's long and strong and lite as a feather! I wasn't to crazy about the red color so I gave it a shot of camo.

Nice, Doc!

I too like the Bone phones, and your technique shaves 153 grams (5.4oz) off what you have to swing. 👍

My wife just bought me the WSA II XL headphones for Christmas, I figured out how to like them 😏 and now I have to use them. After deer hunting season. 😀

My solution for the bone phones when I use them in water is to put them on so the cable is behind my head and goes around my back, haven't had much of a problem.

Also like what you did with the Nomad, it's harder to be seen relieving ones self in the woods with camo. My current response to "why do you guys wear camouflage?" 🤪

I just bought a fleece headband today at Home Depot, going to see if it will hold the WSA II backphones closer to my ears and still give me some situational awareness, the winters have been warmer here of late, and I can't always wear a beanie. 🙂 Or the XL's.

Thanhs for starting up the topic L S. It turned the lightbulb on in my head and got me thinking about the d1 armband that I used onetime several years ago and had forgotten that I even had it.

17 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

3F5F6A56-BF19-4364-8FB1-6B3B7F4E223A_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.1d36dd64cdf7e6c976fad3f27b3933ca.jpeg

3F49DA45-BFA9-4807-92FE-1AD14EB128C5_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.a6fe2c8cd79747054d35c2c2dcb5ab5e.jpeg

Nice, Doc, I'm glad you like it! I left mine painted red so I can find it after I walk off and forget it! 😏