Manticore Pod / Handgrip Position

Tony

Tony,

Yes, the "carrying a piece of lumber" analogy is one that I use, so that's probably where you saw that.

And YES, exactly -- on that setup you have there, if you used a lighter weight, you would need to slide it farther back (away from the handle/fulcrum) to have the same effect; a heavier weight would not need to be located as far back.  Exactly correct.

Thanks!

Steve

Tony,

And by the way, that "ghettoed" setup is actually pretty slick.  With a cam lock on there, that allows you to lengthen or shorten the "lever" (the section of shaft that the weight is attached to), you can absolutely "adjust" for the different coil sizes/weights you may be using.  So, lighter coil, slide the counterweight (and tube) IN a bit; heavier coil -- slide the counterweight BACK, away from the handle.  The other way to do it, of course, is change the weight, as you change coils.  BUT -- if your weight is fixed/not adjustable, as in your case, then adjusting the LEVER LENGTH achieves the same thing.

That's pretty slick, Tony!  Nice job!  

Steve

15 minutes ago, steveg said:

Tony,

And by the way, that "ghettoed" setup is actually pretty slick.  With a cam lock on there, that allows you to lengthen or shorten the "lever" (the section of shaft that the weight is attached to), you can absolutely "adjust" for the different coil sizes/weights you may be using.  So, lighter coil, slide the counterweight (and tube) IN a bit; heavier coil -- slide the counterweight BACK, away from the handle.  The other way to do it, of course, is change the weight, as you change coils.  BUT -- if your weight is fixed/not adjustable, as in your case, then adjusting the LEVER LENGTH achieves the same thing.

That's pretty slick, Tony!  Nice job!  

Steve

Albert.jpg

On 12/12/2023 at 11:29 PM, Tony said:

...I'd like to move the pod (and then the armcuff) back a few inches. This will stop the unit from being ever so slightly nose heavy.

Wont moving the coil further away increases the felt weight? Basic Lever rules I thought. Moving coil (weight) closer to wrist increases felt weight, or am I missing something?

compared to my (sold) CTX, this thing has helium balloons attached to it

edit: nevermind, see it got addressed 

1 hour ago, Medina said:

Wont moving the coil further away increases the felt weight? Basic Lever rules I thought. Moving coil (weight) closer to wrist increases felt weight, or am I missing something?

compared to my (sold) CTX, this thing has helium balloons attached to it

edit: nevermind, see it got addressed 

Yep....I had a brain fade that morning !