Gold Prospecting In My Office

So, I was getting ready to weigh a small Arizona nugget a few days ago in my office. It was late enough at night for me to know better but I managed to drop the little bugger, it hit the top of my bare right foot and that was the last I heard of it. My office has "Berber" type tufted carpet with lots of gold threads. I looked for that $8.00 or so tiny nugget for about 6 hours total on my hands and knees with a bright weapon light and with my 2.50 magnification reading glasses on. After moving all the furniture around, finding two of my daughter's long lost earring studs and getting frustrated several times, I finally got the idea to put a new bag in my vacuum cleaner, vacuum the carpet, and pan out the contents of the vacuum cleaner bag. While having that thought I decided to check my office chair one more time. It has five plastic rolling casters. I already had checked the casters themselves thinking that the tiny nugget could be literally stuck to one of the casters. I got my bright weapon light and just caught a glimpse of something gold INSIDE the housing that the metal pivoting leg to the caster wheel goes in. There it was.

What I won't do for gold...."My Precious".

IMG_4051.jpg

40 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I looked for that $8.00 or so tiny nugget for about 6 hours total on my hands and knees

Found a nugget in 6 hr is better than some of us do with a detector. 😉

That's some serious house hunting.  Interestingly you recovered 2 earring backs as a bonus.  Wonder if the vacuum would have been strong enough to get the nugget considering it didn't suck up the earring backs?

I was hired about 5 yrs ago or longer, to find a diamond stud earring on shag carpet in a bedroom.  Started with GM-1000 and small coil.  To many nails in under flooring, to many tacks in carpet padding.  Tried turning down the Gain and that helped but no luck.  After deciding a pinpointer is best, I methodically worked the most promising area with no results and gave up, no charge.  

As I was leaving, the lady who lost it showed up and was excited to see the results...but I didn't find it?  

She was quite depressed. I felt bad...but then had another idea 💡.  Let me test the other matching earring to get an idea of the signal strength and distance the pinpointer would hear it.

Here's where I learned something. My favorite pinpointer, the Garrett 🥕 would not respond?

I asked to run and get a new tool to use.  She was joyous as she thought I was done.  Oh no, it's a challenge now. 

Returning back I tested the new White's TRX and was happy to hear it respond.  After about 20 minutes, I happily handed her the small precious piece. 

She gave me an extra $50 for my extra efforts, so total reward was $300 and I learned detector knowledge. 

Great on you for not giving up so soon.  As you know,  finding a nugget is special and so when you lose it in an area you know well, your mind kicks into overdrive.  Well done 👏