Nox 700 On Order - How Waterproof?

stephent

Welcome to the forum. 🙂

I have an Equinox 600 that I bought 3 years ago, I've taken it water hunting, even completely submerged it and had no problem.

Minelab detectors have had a history of relatively rare "drownings", more common than comfortable.

I guess it all boils down to trust, but if you're going to dive deep you really ramp up the risk of water intrusion from the pressure. One thing you will have on your side is the warranty, which Minelab is good about honoring.

At this point it is probably too late to suggest the Deus 2 which is good to 60' according to the manufacturer. I haven't seen any complaints about water intrusion with that detector and it's been out for a couple of years now. It also has a 5 year warranty.

Thanks F350Platinum,

I will study the Deus 2 for a potential future purchase, but I've already purchased the Nox 700. In fact it is out for delivery today!

I'm only planning on water detecting around freshwater docks near me, probably 10' deep at most. I do SCUBA, however I'm not planning on detecting at depth (at least not yet!).

Glad to ear that "drownings" are rare. Thanks again!

Stephen

Nox 700 and 900’s have had extremely rare water ingress problems compared to the reports from  some 600 and 800 owners.