Is It Just My Impression? Coil Impact

raziel900

On 12/28/2023 at 5:35 AM, F350Platinum said:

You don't understand because you don't see it in a changelog? 🤔

My friend, If I lived my life having to see something in print to believe it, I'd have walked off a cliff while looking at my phone for directions. 🤪

All companies that make electronic devices reserve the right to change some things without telling you to protect themselves from liability, for security, and to avoid embarrassing situations. We are telling you that more has changed than they print.

We are the people who have used this detector since it first sold. I personally have hundreds of hours using every version, I have every coil, headphone and accessory.

I'm thinking you may be afraid to update the machine. If so that is fine, but don't argue with experience. 🙂

There is a LOT of speculation, 2nd guessing, subjectivity, and outright misinformation in this hobby. I DO like to see information sourced.  I'm sorry but I have about as much experience with the Deus and Deus II as you do, I'm sure, yet I also haven't heard anything from XP about the improvements that you say they included in the V2 update.  I suspect XP engineers and programmers get a big chuckle out of the claims they see in the forums about things that never happened.

35 minutes ago, iron_buzz said:

There is a LOT of speculation, 2nd guessing, subjectivity, and outright misinformation in this hobby. I DO like to see information sourced.  I'm sorry but I have about as much experience with the Deus and Deus II as you do, I'm sure, yet I also haven't heard anything from XP about the improvements that you say they included in the V2 update.  I suspect XP engineers and programmers get a big chuckle out of the claims they see in the forums about things that never happened.

But I'm sure you'll be able to tell me everything they didn't do from all your experience with V2, right? 🙄

22 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

But I'm sure you'll be able to tell me everything they didn't do from all your experience with V2, right? 🙄

I have no idea what your point is by that comment, F350.  I'm simply saying that I like to have my information sourced.

30 minutes ago, iron_buzz said:

I have no idea what your point is by that comment, F350.  I'm simply saying that I like to have my information sourced.

That I'm sure is fine, but my whole point here was that manufacturers will fix hardware and make changes, and reserve the right not to tell you. I don't think a single company tells you everything.

Did they "source" that V1.0-V2 made the detector more bump sensitive? No. In that simple respect, every program was changed. Heh, about the only one I don't use is Goldfield.

It's a plain fact that the D2 is now overall more bump sensitive. 🙂 Have you been using V2? I even told the OP when I noticed it.

I feel as though you were implying I'm misinforming, since you quoted me. 🤔 Hey, I'll take a gauntlet to the face anytime. 😏

My mistake was assuming the OP was afraid to update, and then he explained why. We're good. If he doesn't want to roll with the new punches, that's his choice, and I wish him well. He wanted to know if it was just him that noticed it. 🙂 It's not just him.

12 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

That I'm sure is fine, but my whole point here was that manufacturers will fix hardware and make changes, and reserve the right not to tell you. I don't think a single company tells you everything.

Did they "source" that V1.0-V2 made the detector more bump sensitive? No. In that simple respect, every program was changed. Heh, about the only one I don't use is Goldfield.

It's a plain fact that the D2 is now overall more bump sensitive. 🙂 Have you been using V2? I even told the OP when I noticed it.

I feel as though you were implying I'm misinforming, since you quoted me. 🤔 Hey, I'll take a gauntlet to the face anytime. 😏

My mistake was assuming the OP was afraid to update, and then he explained why. We're good. If he doesn't want to roll with the new punches, that's his choice, and I wish him well. He wanted to know if it was just him that noticed it. 🙂 It's not just him.

> feel as though you were implying I'm misinforming

Not at all.  I was simply taking exception that you stated opinion as an absolute fact.  Unless you have some sort of inside knowledge,  then you don't know any more than we do.  Your opinion may be better informed than someone else's, but it is still opinion.

Yes, I have been using V2 and I have not seen a difference in bump sensitivity, and I often detect in harvested corn fields where I am constantly bumping corn stalks.

23 minutes ago, iron_buzz said:

I was simply taking exception that you stated opinion as an absolute fact. 

Nah, you're implying that I'm misinforming people. 😏 I'm not going to preface everything I write now and in the future with "IMO" because the high and mighty Iron Buzz called me out. 😠 This is the second time you have gainsaid me from an armchair.

I would not have answered this person if I didn't see the same results myself and discussed it with others. I offered a solution, twice. Might have been a little hard on him but he's a nice person. No one else attempted to help him.

Show me the results then. "Source". Let's see some hard documented proof that you're so experienced with the D2 you can make an opposite claim and cause conflict. I'm waiting. Perhaps I'm so prolific I annoy you, but I'm not going to stop offering observations. Fact.

On 12/31/2023 at 7:22 AM, F350Platinum said:

Nah, you're implying that I'm misinforming people. 😏 I'm not going to preface everything I write now and in the future with "IMO" because the high and mighty Iron Buzz called me out. 😠 This is the second time you have gainsaid me from an armchair.

I would not have answered this person if I didn't see the same results myself and discussed it with others. I offered a solution, twice. Might have been a little hard on him but he's a nice person. No one else attempted to help him.

Show me the results then. "Source". Let's see some hard documented proof that you're so experienced with the D2 you can make an opposite claim and cause conflict. I'm waiting. Perhaps I'm so prolific I annoy you, but I'm not going to stop offering observations. Fact.

I'm sorry that you are taking what I said so personally... it was never meant to be anything other than a general criticism of offering subjective observations as actual fact, no matter who does it.   I didn't call you names, such as the one you just called me... it wasn't personal, but calling me "the high and mighty Iron Buzz" is.  What's so hard about preferencing your opinion with "IMO", anyway?

13 hours ago, iron_buzz said:

What's so hard about preferencing your opinion with "IMO", anyway?

Mostly I do, but it's not for you to be the self-appointed critic if I don't.

You'll see over time that these observations will be shared by others, and maybe someone who you also implied is "chuckling" about what I've observed will weigh in. Time will tell.

Don't act the victim here, you sent the first inflammatory salvo. The OP and I are good.

GL, HH. 🍀

The final back and forth really didn't really help shed any additional light on the OP's question.  There are undoubtedly changes that are not necessarily being documented, but debating the nature and extent of those known unknowns is non-productive.  It should be sufficient for people to simply relate their experiences post update and not unreasonable to connect new behavior to the update.  Conversely, its completely valid for someone else to state they are not seeing that behavior cited and to personally conclude nothing has changed.  If there is no objective evidence (video, test data) presented then debating those different experiences is non-productive.  Let's move on.