So How Long

Allen in MT

This is my 37th year. Started back in the 80s with some cheap detector from Radio Shack I believe. Followed up with a Whites Coinmaster, then a 5900 Di Pro.

Started about 30 years ago in my late teens, with a cheap radio shack detector. I then found and read (about 5 times!) Charles Garret's book titled "Modern Metal Detectors". I tried a few more detectors and settled on a Fisher 1266X and a Tesoro Silver uMax. I found a lot of great stuff with those detectors over the next few years. I dropped the hobby because I let wine, women, and song get in the way😬

Fast forward 30 years, and the bug hit harder than ever. I devoured massive amounts of information about the new detectors. I thought I'd be good to go with a Simplex and a Vanquish 540, but I quickly grew out of both those detectors. I then bought a Legend and have been using that for the last 2 years. I won't be buying another detector unless it can distinguish between aluminum and gold.

Heh, a little over 3 years. 😀 Started with a Garrett Ace 400 after a roof replacement to find nails, checked the yard and started finding colonial relics. In the summer we travel to beach locations on the East Coast, so I'm a beach hunter then. It's been quite a wild ride.