South Texas Gulf Coast - New To Beach Detecting.

Bydogged

Hi All, (I guess that should be 'y'all' down here....)  Winter Texan from Colorado relegated to beach duty with a scoop rather than much field or park detecting due to back, knee, joint problems.  Mrs. Santa said I was good enough boy to get an X-TERRA PRO, and I did just that.  I'm open to and hoping for all beach detecting/X-TERRA tips, because my two previous detectors didn't do salty wet sand.  Wife sez: "Bring me a platinum diamond ring"  so that's my goal, along with a Spanish real (now I'm dreamin').

Welcome from full time East Texas.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome but that’s no dream finding a Spanish coin on a south Texas beach if you hunting around there.

I’m just up the road from you in San Antonio.

Chuck 

Bydogged

I hunt beaches for the same gimped up reasons. But a nice inland permission is too hard to pass up so , every once in a while try  the turf even if just a little bit , might be your lucky day !

I only hit one beach this year. and only for a couple of hours ,,, got 2 silvers !  One was a big fat (gold plated 🙄) ring  !  Take what ya get , or somebody else will....😜  I'm living at my permission now, a 150 yo fairgrounds with new depositors every 3rd week of August.   My last good find ? a tac flashlight that lists for $ 35

See if ya can detect my Uptah Camp thread  FMI .  I'd post a pointy finger link but that's too easy for a  real Son of the Beach  , right ? 🥸