Who's Sold Their Manticore?

Just out of Curiousity wondering how many people decided the Manticore was not for them and sold it ! Were you disappointed with it as it didn't live up to the hype ?  or were there other factors that influenced your decision ? Would be interested to hear your reasoning.

Coils and the module are now freely available in Europe.

• Like 1

Calabash is the only one that I know of.

Ol calabash was using a manti with an M-8 coil, and was amazed with the results he had at one of his iron infested sites. 

Did he buy another, or using a borrowed unit? I don't ever take what he says as gospel, but he's entertaining. 

I'm to stubborn to admit I can't make it work better than it has so far. So final judgement will come next November.  I am slowly learning new techniques, but winter has stalled my detecting learning progress. Now all I can do is imagine how Dankowski's settings would work,  along with a long list of other adjustments to settings that need more time. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 4:51 AM, Rattlehead said:

I sold mine. Wasn’t disappointed at all. I actually thought it was a great detector, but just prefer the audio and ergonomics of the Deus 2.

I did the same thing

• Like 3

Mine sits lonely in the corner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Kinsey said:

Mine sits lonely in the corner.

You need to sell it George---ain't doin u no good sittin in tha korner!!----BTW---no extra charge for this priceless info!

• Haha 1

I sold my first one to help fund an out of state trout fishing trip.  That was back when they still weren't easy to find and it sold fairly quickly.  I have since gotten another one but I actually don't use it all that much. I can't even say that I'm in "the jury is out in deliberation" phase....more like, I am still in the process of listening to the evidence for the trial. It is powerful, no doubt. But some ways I like the Equinox much better. And like the Deus 2 more better. Nasa Tom is sold on it for sure but I do think a lot of his love for it comes from having a role in its testing and design.  

• Like 6