Autonomy 14khz Vs 40khz

Hi all .
It's been 2 years since I detected only on the beach with the D2 in fulltones, since November I have switched to 4-tone mode in 3-tone mode.
Recently, reading the V2 user manual, I said to myself, I'm going to try pitch mode again.
I noticed one thing in the manual, on the autonomy, 12 hours on the beach and beach sense modes and 8 hours on the diving mode.
I would have thought that it would be more consuming at 40kHz than at 14kHz.
Does anyone know why?
THANKS.

batterylife.thumb.jpg.4019f862e886444072e6d4a911cd0178.jpg

This is what you're talking about in the manual, it's the same with the Deus 1, the lower frequencies use more power.  The low frequency geared all terrain high conductor mode on the Manticore uses significantly more power too, so it's not just an XP thing.

The Deus 1 manual shows the differences in power usage with frequencies in better detail.  A battery that can last 25 hours in 25 kHz only lasting 12 hours in 4kHz, or even down to 6 hours with TX Boost.

deus1battery.thumb.jpg.0506f8f25dccb53430656566e6355e96.jpg

Diving mode uses a lot more low frequency energy - just saw that, when I fiddled around with my microphone frequency tests yesterday, while scrolling through the programs.

12 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

The lower the frequency the higher the battery consumption. 

Absolutely. Ohmic losses (simply warming up the coil!) are greater at lower frequencies.

On 1/24/2024 at 7:13 AM, Sinclair said:

Diving mode uses a lot more low frequency energy - just saw that, when I fiddled around with my microphone frequency tests yesterday, while scrolling through the programs.

Diving mode is the best on iron and steel ID never fails