Being That I Mostly Get Flour Gold, I Switched To 8 Mesh From My 1/2" Punch-plate In My Hopper.

Did some modifications to my California Mini. I removed the stock punch-plate and replaced it with 8 mesh stainless steel mesh. Because I am pretty well limited to flour gold, I don't need to classify any larger. I can now run my highbanker even slower, and probably run sand through my system, which I plan to do this year. I have already discovered places with gold in the sand, and that makes for easy digging. The nice thing about the mini, is that I can hike great distances, with my battery in my back pack, or in my new ice fishing sled, which can hold all of my equipment, and still float in the water. It just doesn't get any easier pulling your equipment in the water. It should be a good season this year. Lots of hiking will get me to new spots.

jan25.jpg.ea1e3757876a60dd30e41e6180d6450e.jpg

jan25a(1).jpg.a203ab382005760218e8c2239ddde90e.jpg

• Like 6

I like the way you installed the new mesh as it looks like you are able to go back to the original mesh easily.

Good luck with it and please let us know how it works out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 12:43 AM, John-Edmonton said:

Did some modifications to my California Mini.

Going to take a closer look at your setup. I need Grizzly bars for classification and a pre wash for clay. I like the light weight aspect, I have to make a steep climb up & down into a claim without road access and limited water. The claim has flour, flakes and gram size gold in bench gravels.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 1:54 AM, Valens Legacy said:

I like the way you installed the new mesh as it looks like you are able to go back to the original mesh easily.

Good luck with it and please let us know how it works out.

That was the plan. get some wingnuts and do a quick 2-minute change in the field.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 9:10 AM, HardPack said:

Going to take a closer look at your setup. I need Grizzly bars for classification and a pre wash for clay. I like the light weight aspect, I have to make a steep climb up & down into a claim without road access and limited water. The claim has flour, flakes and gram size gold in bench gravels.

I have had other standard highbankers.....mesh over minors moss. The plastic drop riffle units are so much lighter, actually retain less concentrates for cleaning, with a very good retention rate. My small er unit is so easy to transport, and I am going to hit the  70 year old number. Lige is better with it.