What Type Of Workings Is This?

1 hour ago, MSC said:

2 cents makes no sense as inflation makes 2 cents worth 1/2 cents, you need to charge more cents. 

Inflation? Let's not get hasty now. I'm not rich . 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ndplumr said:

I will be making a visit to county recorder and blm

Keep us posted.

20 hours ago, jasong said:

Carlin style mineralization

The rock does appear to be limestone or dolomite altered by hydrothermal fluids. They may have of dozed the flat for a coring rig. 

If there’s a rock shop near you could pick up a test kit:

“placing a drop of dilute (5% to 10%) hydrochloric acid on a rock or mineral and watching for bubbles of carbon dioxide gas to be released. The bubbles signal the presence of carbonate minerals (limestone & dolomite).”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HardPack said:

placing a drop of dilute (5% to 10%) hydrochloric acid on a rock or mineral and watching for bubbles of carbon dioxide gas to be released. The bubbles signal the presence of carbonate minerals (limestone & dolomite).”

Honestly, I was hoping someone would just spot a nugget in my video and tell me where it is, but then there's always your way too. 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ndplumr said:

Honestly, I was hoping someone would just spot a nugget in my video and tell me where it is, but then there's always your way too. 😂

I ran my long-range detector over your photos, send me $100 and I will give you the marked spots.   😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Ndplumr said:

Honestly, I was hoping someone would just spot a nugget

I may of spotted a “gold crown” in the throat of the core but it appeared to have a high silver content so didn’t bother to point it out.

Get yourself copies of the following books. You may be a rich man but just haven’t discovered it yet.

“Roadside Geology of Nevada”. The book has sections on NV 227  Elko out Lamoille Canyon, NV 225  Elko up to the Idaho Border, NV 378 Carlin to Eureka and my favorite Pahrump Road. The intro to Nevada covers basic Nevada geology, rocks, minerals and mining. Only $26 on Amazon. 

Jim Straight’s  “Advanced Prospecting & Detecting for Hardrock Gold”  covers the types of hydrothermal ore deposits, “supergene enrichment”, hydrothermal alteration, meteorites, etc.

• Like 1

Clay diggins, I am happy to hear you talking about mass wasting and the importance and relationship to gold deposits. Everything I do with detecting for gold revolves around mass wasting and utilizing this natural event to put myself onto gold deposits. My book has a chapter on mass wasting and my next book will also be heavily involved with mass wasting. It is a major concept and truth for every gold nugget hunter to learn. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, geof_junk said:

I ran my long-range detector over your photos, send me $100 and I will give you the marked spots.   😇

I double checked the area with my dowsing rods AND my xray glasses, and I think your pulling my leg to make a buck. Shame on you! 😂

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

gold revolves around mass wasting

I agree. Traced up from a stream bottom only to find the larger gold located on false bedrock five feet above the actual bedrock and 25 feet above the stream channel. Looking upslope to the north across the stream channel you could see where the hillside slumped (escarpment) then slid down damming the stream. The stream eventually cut through the blockage leaving the gold perched on the bench. The hills were probably closer to the subtropics when this mass wasting event occurred and it took me just about as long to figure it out.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2024 at 6:09 AM, Ndplumr said:

I double checked the area with my dowsing rods AND my xray glasses, and I think your pulling my leg to make a buck. Shame on you! 😂

Geoff Junk was serious.... 😉

D4G

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:06 AM, Goldseeker5000 said:

My book has a chapter on mass wasting and my next book will also be heavily involved with mass wasting

That would be “The Nugget Shooter’s Field Guide” ?

• Like 1