Good Reviews Of M8?

Most of us are still just waiting to get one.  One user who has had one quite a while now and used it quite a bit is @abenson and his reviews have been good.  He's done some videos with it on his channel at Relics & Rings - YouTube

I'll get one.  Someday.  But I think it's a race to be last between me and @strick.

- Dave

9 minutes ago, UT Dave said:

Most of us are still just waiting to get one.  One user who has had one quite a while now and used it quite a bit is @abenson and his reviews have been good.  He's done some videos with it on his channel at Relics & Rings - YouTube

I'll get one.  Someday.  But I think it's a race to be last between me and @strick.

- Dave

lol....I've hardly been out detecting so I'm not pushing too much...I did finally pre order one a couple weeks ago...but now that I did I wish that I didn't as the place falsely advertised that they expected to have some in by mid Jan and all I've heard since is crickets...so pre ordering can be tricky...some will try to lure you in with a nice big fat worm and see if you bite...no biggie though it comes in when it comes in..... I have other fish to fry rather then detecting right now...

strick 

Had the coil for several months here in England. If you have a use for the coil, you will not be disappointed.  The shape of the coil is key in it's performance,  and is a really good  piece of kit in the right places.

Never feel under gunned with this little gem - and small coils in general.

They are unavailable in this country and many others as well, but they'll turn up eventually.

I have the M8 and have used it solely at the salt beaches in and out of the water. You can certainly boost the sensitivity in the wet sand and completely submerged. I am hunting at a sensitivity around 27 in Beach Low Conductors along the water's edge and up the slope with not too much background noise but there is chatter depending how fast you swing, sand anomalies, etc. But... I always push the noise limits which I am used to by now. In the water (4 times now), I can hunt around 26 or 27 Beach Submersed and sometimes Beach General depending on the bottom contour. It is much easier to swing than the 11 inch. It seems as deep as the larger coil and is more sensitive to tiny bits of metal. One problem I have are tiny bits of metal falling through the scoop. I am hunting salt beaches with hardly any mineralization. 

I have mine for a month and a half. This little thing is incredible deep for it's size, and covers very nice compared to M11. 

I use it in mineralized salty beaches, beach low Conductores, prospecting audio, with a sensibility of 30. Really surprised with the outcomes. 

I am in NW Arkansas, and I have had my M8 coil for about a week, I really like it so far. I am using it in tight areas and around the roots. I find it very stable and deep.

As for me the m8 is a great coil for learning the language/behaviour and the best marriage 😁 of hardware between manticore and the ground. With m8 the ground noise and falsing is much more distinctive and clear than the m11 coil. I can "harness" Manticore full power/potential with the m8 much more than the m11. On the beach my sweet setting are between 25-27 sensitivity with recovery speed of 3 and in iron relics site which I only want to hear ferrous and non ferrous with no or minimal falsing i usually end up with sensitivity of 20-22 recovery speed of 5

The m8 works beautifully in the thick iron infested homestead footprints for me. Excellent for sniffing out keepers in the briar patches and thick growth. Here in New Jerseys sugar sand this thing is very stable. I noticed deep items wont always have a VDI but it sure will let you know something there. Great tool.

• 2 weeks later...