Rcdigs Mount First Use On The Beach

I used my RCDigs for the first time and what ColonelDan had to say was right on. I had trouble with my controller falling off with my previous set-up but not with the RCDings mount it is very secure. It offers very good protection for the controller. I really like the tilt it has because I have found that the position helps me turn my wrist with a rocking motion just slightly which helps me keep the coil close to the ground at the end of each swing.  I recommend this item.

• Like 3

Ready for the beach! Thanks Steve and Ryan

!image.thumb.jpeg.cb503e8185761c74b5e1a6323535ff02.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 6:43 PM, GRB said:

I used my RCDigs for the first time and what ColonelDan had to say was right on. I had trouble with my controller falling off with my previous set-up but not with the RCDings mount it is very secure. It offers very good protection for the controller. I really like the tilt it has because I have found that the position helps me turn my wrist with a rocking motion just slightly which helps me keep the coil close to the ground at the end of each swing.  I recommend this item.

THANKS, GRB!  I am glad you are pleased!

10 hours ago, Jed in NC said:

Ready for the beach! Thanks Steve and Ryan

!image.thumb.jpeg.cb503e8185761c74b5e1a6323535ff02.jpeg

Looks great, Jed.  Thank you!

Steve

will these work on the ORX also ??

Since getting the ORX I am constantly worrying about losing the controller so I end up removing it and sticking it in my shirt pocket

I would like to try the one for the right handed people

On 2/25/2024 at 4:49 AM, DSMITH said:

will these work on the ORX also ??

Since getting the ORX I am constantly worrying about losing the controller so I end up removing it and sticking it in my shirt pocket

DSMITH -- that's a good question, regarding the ORX.  I am not sure if the ORX control box would fit properly into the RCDigs mount, or not.  My shaft is compatible with the ORX (including my mount, I'm near certain), but not sure about the ORX, and I don't think the guy who makes them has an ORX remote available to him, to check it out.  If you would like me to send you one for you to check it out, let me know.  We can work something out in that regard...

Thanks!

Steve

11 hours ago, steveg said:

DSMITH -- that's a good question, regarding the ORX.  I am not sure if the ORX control box would fit properly into the RCDigs mount, or not.  My shaft is compatible with the ORX (including my mount, I'm near certain), but not sure about the ORX, and I don't think the guy who makes them has an ORX remote available to him, to check it out.  If you would like me to send you one for you to check it out, let me know.  We can work something out in that regard...

Thanks!

Steve

Absolutely would like for you to send me one and then I will let you know how it works with the ORX what do you need from me Steve

• Like 1

16 hours ago, steveg said:

Thanks!

Steve

4 hours ago, DSMITH said:

Absolutely would like for you to send me one and then I will let you know how it works with the ORX what do you need from me Steve

Ok so I mounted both my ORX and Deus 1 remotes in the RC Digs case and they fit (as expected as they have smaller dimensions than the Deus 2 remote) but it is not ideal as they are not snug and bounce and rattle around inside the case while swinging it.  Also, the remotes sort of sit low in the case such that the pinpoint button is right on the edge of the lower part of the mount opening.  If you are going to try this, I would suggest putting the remote in one of those slip on protective nylon covers and that creates more of a snug fit and protects the remote if it does move around in the mount.  Again, the alignment is not ideal, but it can work.

• Like 3

Ok.  So, I was on the road and happened to be near enough to a Chesapeake Bay beach park that I decided to take a detour and swing my Deus 2 detector around on the sand using my new RC Digs mount that is compatible with Steve's CF Shaft system customized for the Deus.

To cut to the chase...it was fantastic.  Even with Steve's superior locking mechanism for the "traditional" Deus 2 case mount, I was always concerned about the remote working loose and falling off as I often am manipulating the remote keys for target interrogation, pinpointing, and adjusting settings for changing site conditions.  This is especially true when salt beach hunting.  The RC Digs mount was secure and the angled positioning enabled a great, glare free view of the display with simple quick glances.  It just gives you a lot of piece of mind that your remote is going to be secure without the need to deal with locking mechanisms and backup lanyards.

I wasn't expecting to find anything here because it is off season and devoid of any fresh drops but had fun anyway and picked up a few stray coins and sinkers and also managed to snag a solid 925 silver bangle bracelet that gave off a weird Target ID because it was buried unlatched.  Bonus!

I already highly recommend Steve's CF shaft system for the Deus, especially for beach and water work, and with the option to now to select the RC Digs mount to house the Deus 2 remote, it is even better.

I do recommend the angled RC Digs mount unless you have people sharing the shaft that may have a different dominant swing arm, in which case, opt for the straight on mount. 

As I posted above, you can use the RC Digs mount for your Deus 1/Orx but the fit is not ideal as the remotes for Deus/Orx are smaller than the Deus 2 and they will rattle around in the enclosure unless you snug them up using a slip-on remote cover or shims.  Button alignment is not ideal either, but will work.

I have no additional improvement suggestions other than those mentioned by other previous users of the SteveG shaft with the RC Digs modified compatible mount.  It is a killer combination!  Thanks, @steveg for letting me run the new mount through its paces, you have a winner!

20240222_160035.thumb.jpg.e1f6f7ca85c2f6e82477651d38e09c98.jpg

20240222_170304.thumb.jpg.201adc0a4eb71a200cedac67035206ca.jpg

20240222_170316.thumb.jpg.48fb19615b145973549dde76b5b01a52.jpg

20240222_150437.thumb.jpg.3cc958920bcb9e68b7815c3ae15a959a.jpg

20240222_172629.thumb.jpg.f47cb02c35c806497b5a25c98de2334d.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Ok.  So, I was on the road and happened to be near enough to a Chesapeake Bay beach park that I decided to take a detour and swing my Deus 2 detector around on the sand using my new RC Digs mount that is compatible with Steve's CF Shaft system customized for the Deus.

To cut to the chase...it was fantastic.  Even with Steve's superior locking mechanism for the "traditional" Deus 2 case mount, I was always concerned about the remote working loose and falling off as I often am manipulating the remote keys for target interrogation, pinpointing, and adjusting settings for changing site conditions.  This is especially true when salt beach hunting.  The RC Digs mount was secure and the angled positioning enabled a great, glare free view of the display with simple quick glances.  It just gives you a lot of piece of mind that your remote is going to be secure without the need to deal with locking mechanisms and backup lanyards.

I wasn't expecting to find anything here because it is off season and devoid of any fresh drops but had fun anyway and picked up a few stray coins and sinkers and also managed to snag a solid 925 silver bangle bracelet that gave off a weird Target ID because it was buried unlatched.  Bonus!

I already highly recommend Steve's CF shaft system for the Deus, especially for beach and water work, and with the option to now to select the RC Digs mount to house the Deus 2 remote, it is even better.

I do recommend the angled RC Digs mount unless you have people sharing the shaft that may have a different dominant swing arm, in which case, opt for the straight on mount. 

As I posted above, you can use the RC Digs mount for your Deus 1/Orx but the fit is not ideal as the remotes for Deus/Orx are smaller than the Deus 2 and they will rattle around in the enclosure unless you snug them up using a slip-on remote cover or shims.  Button alignment is not ideal either, but will work.

I have no additional improvement suggestions other than those mentioned by other previous users of the SteveG shaft with the RC Digs modified compatible mount.  It is a killer combination!  Thanks, @steveg for letting me run the new mount through its paces, you have a winner!

20240222_160035.thumb.jpg.e1f6f7ca85c2f6e82477651d38e09c98.jpg

20240222_170304.thumb.jpg.201adc0a4eb71a200cedac67035206ca.jpg

20240222_170316.thumb.jpg.48fb19615b145973549dde76b5b01a52.jpg

20240222_150437.thumb.jpg.3cc958920bcb9e68b7815c3ae15a959a.jpg

20240222_172629.thumb.jpg.f47cb02c35c806497b5a25c98de2334d.jpg

Chase do you think two pieces of sticky backed Velcro 1 placed on each edge inside the compartment maybe one in the bottom would work to snug the ORX remote up, i am talking about the side of the Velcro that is the fuzzy side Just a thought, just trying to work out what could be done in my head to keep the ORX remote from Rattling around inside the compartment.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

Chase do you think two pieces of sticky backed Velcro 1 placed on each edge inside the compartment maybe one in the bottom would work to snug the ORX remote up, i am talking about the side of the Velcro that is the fuzzy side Just a thought, just trying to work out what could be done in my head to keep the ORX remote from Rattling around inside the compartment.

Yeah, that can probably work.  The only issue with that is if you ever decide to switch to a Deus 2, you would have to dig the Velcro strips out and might have adhesive residue on the mount internals.

• Like 1