Thought I Would Post What Happened Today.

56 minutes ago, Mark Gillespie said:

I truly believe the 6" coil and equinox would have give the same results as the 5" DD coil on the F75.   I had a guy send me his 6" coil for my Equinox a couple years ago to try but opted to get the 10x5 instead.  The 10x5 just sees too much ground at a given moment at this site.

With the 10x5, recovery speed is essential, on my 600 the highest it will go is 3, equal to 6 on the 800.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

With the 10x5, recovery speed is essential, on my 600 the highest it will go is 3, equal to 6 on the 800.

Almost always ran my Nox 800 between 5-7 and still seemed to get good depth in the paces I hunt. 

One of the good things about having multiple detectors is it gives one hope when you take a different one to the hunted out spot 😁

strick 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, strick said:

Almost always ran my Nox 800 between 5-7 and still seemed to get good depth in the paces I hunt. 

One of the good things about having multiple detectors is it gives one hope when you take a different one to the hunted out spot 😁

strick 

Yup, I don't think depth is a big consideration in a trashy spot anyway, too many signals to spoil a good one, and particularly a faint one. High reactivity will at least give you a fighting chance. 🤔 

I generally don't go much over 3 on the Deus, it's so fast.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I generally don't go much over 3 on the Deus, it's so fast.

it does seem to be the fastest of all of them in Iron....be nice to have a smaller coil then XP  would have all the bases covered for relic hunters... 

stick

• Like 1

Here... it is not only the perceived speed... of the detector... but unmasking in iron "or in mineralization" or also in strongly conductive terrain...
Here, standard 11" coils may have their limits... because they cannot work well enough in such situations...

....do you think a standard coil can do it?

Mark, one of the ways to find out more is to try to use an 11" standard coil on the F75 and see if the F75 will continue to work effectively...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the same site yesterday and I have an updated on some of the targets mention in the original post.  Fred brought his Manticore and tried the single frequency options on the targets mentioned (I no longer have the Equinox so I couldn't try single frequency options).  The Manticore could acquire a very good audio on any of the single frequency options (better on the lower than high frequencies).  But switching to the multi frequency option and the target was gone.  Spent quite a bit of time experimenting with the different frequencies, and I came to a conclusion there must be different algorithms used between the single and multi frequency options for the target to vanish.

We both hunted with new, recently acquired Deus II and the results were not only surprising but absolutely amazing.  We found 2 V nickels, numerous pennies which included a 1919 and may relics not detected with either the Equinox or Manticore.  One of the V nickels was a 1897, just amazing from only a 10x10' area.  Fred bought is Deus with the 11 DD coil and my came with the 9" DD coil.  At this site the Deus will be the ticket along with the F75 and the 5" coil for the super trash. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear you are both still working the site “smart”.  Interesting about the Manticore frequency performance. The D2/9” should shine there. Keep us informed on your progress.

• Like 2