AlgoForce And Target ID

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

..  A change they could make in a new firmware update I think is a separate volume control for the pinpoint mode, that'd be a nice thing to have so I will suggest that to them.  (I contacted Algoforce about having an Independant pinpoint volume and it is coming in a new firmware update very soon) 

Thanks Simon for the very interesting videos ..

Concerning the firmware changes perhaps a pinpoint multitone would be a good idea , 5 tones for example ( 0-20-40-60-80-99 ) , so that when the pinpoint is activated the user hears the target conductivity without having to look at the screen . I am not a gold prospector but for coin shooting it would be useful ..

An other thing , concerning the 1st vid ( 2 nails , video at 5mn ) I noticed that the nails IDs are unstable , may be it is a way to identify them because the non ferrous targets IDs seem to be much more stable 

• Like 3

@phrunt I haven't been able to find the Target ID font size on the 2.7" LCD screen, which seems very busy. The Manticore Target ID is great! Can you clearly see the Target ID while standing or do you need to bend over? Is it possible to  increase font size on the LCD? Some of us older guys have problems reading the "fine print" on today's packaging.😂

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cobill said:

@phrunt I haven't been able to find the Target ID font size on the 2.7" LCD screen, which seems very busy. The Manticore Target ID is great! Can you clearly see the Target ID while standing or do you need to bend over? Is it possible to  increase font size on the LCD? Some of us older guys have problems reading the "fine print" on today's packaging.😂

Bill

Thats why I was asking for an audio multitone LOL ... 🙂

9 hours ago, palzynski said:

Concerning the firmware changes perhaps a pinpoint multitone would be a good idea , 5 tones for example ( 0-20-40-60-80-99 ) , so that when the pinpoint is activated the user hears the target conductivity without having to look at the screen . I am not a gold prospector but for coin shooting it would be useful ..

An other thing , concerning the 1st vid ( 2 nails , video at 5mn ) I noticed that the nails IDs are unstable , may be it is a way to identify them because the non ferrous targets IDs seem to be much more stable 

I will suggest the ID tones to them, I think that's a great idea, the independent volume control combined with 5 tones would make the pinpoint/ID portion of the detector fantastic.

As for the ferrous, it is possible, I will have to try a lot more junk and see if it behaves the same as the two nails.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cobill said:

Bill

You can't change font sizes, however, if one thing is for sure the Algoforce screen loves the sun, so those that are used to struggling to see a detector screen in the sunlight, that problem is gone, the brighter the sun the better the screen becomes.  In more dull light you tend to use the backlight and can even invert the screen for night detecting if its preferred inverted.  

• Like 1

@phrunt Can you put a tape measure against the Target ID...looks like about 1/2" tall?

Bill

Here you go, about 1CM on the font size.

screenidsize.thumb.jpg.5fb14b029bf250fbedd396d25fe86366.jpg

• Like 3

• The title was changed to AlgoForce And Target ID